Dividers between records or how to seperate

can-man

Just wondering of ideas that you guys/gals use to seperate your albums such as a, b, c,d,etc. I have new large Expedit and somewhay to seperate might be good.

I use old beat up LP's and found a bag of wooden alphabet letters at Walmart. I glued the letters to each side the old records and use them as my alpha dividers for quick reference.

I would suggest using Masonite or Luan plywood cut to 12" X 13" to use as dividers and then using a label maker to print letters to stick on each side.

I've considered doing this before when I got my 5x5 Expedit, but I soon found it pretty easy to find albums without them. There are always distinctive spines that I find to be much better indicators than a letter.

Here's what I use.

My wife's old useless POS Barbra Manilow and POS Barry Streisand discs, with stick on letters. Used double-faced masking tape to tape the albums into their jackets, with about 3" sticking out. Then put the letters on. I do the same with my CD collection (although I used old CD-R's for that).

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Here's what I use.

My wife's old useless POS Barbra Manilow and POS Barry Streisand discs, with stick on letters. Used double-faced masking tape to tape the albums into their jackets, with about 3" sticking out. Then put the letters on. I do the same with my CD collection (although I used old CD-R's for that).

picture.php

picture.php

Same set up I use!!!! I love it and it always gets comments when company comes in

Same set up I use!!!! I love it and it always gets comments when company comes in

What better to seperate records, than records themselves? (or CDs).

I also get nice comments.

Best part is I finally found a use for those Manilow/Streisand records - saved me having to drill a 13" hole in the center of them....kind of hard to find a drill bit that big...

:banana:

What better to seperate records, than records themselves? (or CDs).

I also get nice comments.

Best part is I finally found a use for those Manilow/Streisand records - saved me having to drill a 13" hole in the center of them....kind of hard to find a drill bit that big...

:banana:

:lmao:

I use black vinyl dividers with white vinyl peel and stick letters. Still working on it. Takes a lot of work to get the lettering on straight.

Decided to use a names of some of the groups instead of letters. Thought it would be cooler looking. Part is in my music room and the other part in my office.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's what I use.

My wife's old useless POS Barbra Manilow and POS Barry Streisand discs, ]

Brother, dont you know it..

I get soooo sick if seeing these in the thrift stores..
Now.. don't ANYONE saw anything negative about my man, Herb.

Love that Tijuana sound...

Back
Top Bottom