60's Fender Deluxe

Dan ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Peanut Head
Don't see too many of these anymore. I had re-capped and tubed this back in '12, but the customer complained that vibrato was "too fast" and wanted it slowed down. So, I pulled the two .01uF and one .02uF caps in the vibrato circuit and replaced them with three .022uF Orange Drop caps...which made the speed perfect. Note that this one has the "mistake" tag on the back panel.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0916.jpg
    DSCN0916.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0917.jpg
    DSCN0917.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN0919.jpg
    DSCN0919.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Yeah, definitely not my first, second or tenth choice for a speaker but yeah... that amp is beyond cool!

If you send it to me to 'study' for a few months, I'll put a Weber Michigan (similar to an EVM 12L/SRO sound) in it!

What model speaker was original to a non-reverb Deluxe? A Jensen P12R or one of the Oxford/Utah/CTS jobbies?

The owner is a professional musician and the speaker fills his need for the tone he's looking for.
The original drivers weren't all that great.

I'm having trouble remembering now, too. Maybe it was a different blackface era amp or maybe a tweed-era Deluxe? Or brown tolex era? Ah, whichever it was, it was a good thread. :thmbsp:

That's it! Thanks Dan, now I can stop worry whether or not I need to start taking Gingko Biloba. <whew>

I got some of his CDs, I didn't know you tekd for him. I guess I should have figured it out. What's the mistake on the tag?

Learn something everyday. I've been surfing around this morning trying to get some info or whatever on Jr.s Twin setup, and one site said he runs JBLs in those. I don't know how you guitar guys do it, amazing. :music:

I had my Fender Bandmaster restored last year. I had picked it up from an old guy who had gotten it at a yard sale for 20, thought he was gouging me when I got it for 40 in 1992.

Sucker.

Nothing like that pre-CBS tone. Beautiful work, and lovely amp.

Back
Top Bottom