Nikko STA-5010 lamps

elitopus

Addicted Member
Just picked this up from CL today. This little receiver has a sweet sound to it. I have it hooked up to some toshiba speakers with fostex drivers. Whats a good source for cheap fuse lamps for this? 3 of the 5 tuner lamps are out. 8v 300ma. Ive seen some that are 8v 250ma. Any problem using those? I havent looked to see if ratshack carries these bulbs but id like to buy them local if possible
8yny3aqu.jpg

I'm looking for green, LED replacements for the 8V 300ma fuse type bulbs. Apparently, automobile dome and vanity light bulbs will work, but I have never had this definitively confirmed.

Anyone out there have first-hand experience with this? Also, bulb numbers would be helpful.

If this works, will work in many brands.

I'm looking for green, LED replacements for the 8V 300ma fuse type bulbs.

Hey, I've been looking for the same for dial lamps on a Sony STR-V6. I've also looked for bulb dye or transparent paint with little luck.

Try this seller on that auction site. I haven't bought LED lights from him. But I'm happy with a couple of cap kits I picked up.

http://stores.ebay.com/QUA-CO-AUDIO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNACO-FISH...INTOSH-ONKYO-SONY-NAD-FUSE-LAMP-/371091639492

Wait!

Hold everything!

Just my $0.02 here, but before you start putting in replacement bulbs, might I suggest that you first check to make certain that you are putting the correct voltage and amperage for replacement lamps and bulbs?
Check Hifi Manuals and download the schematic for your particular model Nikko receiver.
The schematic shows that the display has 6 lamps each rated at 6.3 volts, 0.2 Amperage (or 200mA=milli-amps)? The Meter lamp is the same voltage and amperage as the display lamps so that makes a total of 7 lamps all together.
The only lamp/bulb rated at 8 Volts 40mAmps is the Stereo Indicator.
Could be that whoever had it previously just put in whatever lamps/bulbs that they could find?

Nice receiver by the way.

Last edited:
http://www.dgwojo.com/index.php?p=1_2_Products

I don't know if dgwojo takes fuses apart but I've seen another thread where the user desoldered the end caps and fit leds inside then using the resistor method. Think it was a sansui and had to replace about 6. had to drill a hole in the ends and used the pig tails as leads.

note that the leds might create a dot mark on the tuner glass so you just use some clear silicon on the side that faces the glass.

Wait!

Hold everything!

Just my $0.02 here, but before you start putting in replacement bulbs, might I suggest that you first check to make certain that you are putting the correct voltage and amperage for replacement lamps and bulbs?
Check Hifi Manuals and download the schematic for your particular model Nikko receiver.
The schematic shows that the display has 6 lamps each rated at 6.3 volts, 0.2 Amperage (or 200mA=mill-amps)? The Meter lamp is the same voltage and amperage as the display lamps so that makes a total of 7 lamps all together.
The only lamp/bulb rated at 8 Volts 40mAmps is the Stereo Indicator.
Could be that whoever had it previously just put in whatever lamps/bulbs that they could find?

Nice receiver by the way.

Yeah that was silly of me not to check to make sure they are the correct bulbs. I was just looking at the manual last night too. Nice catch

...I was just looking at the manual last night too.

I also searched for the Owners/User Manual and came up with nothing?

It could very well be that its just not available "Free" to download? Hey, it happens but not that its impossible to find just keep searching and asking and I'm sure you'll probably find it but for a small cost?

Back to the lamps/bulb replacement, does that Nikko receiver take lamps that look like fuse lamp types? Or are they the basic wedge type?

Just a suggestion here, but if they are the fuse type, there is a seller on Ebay that sells LED lamps that are an exact fit for fuse lamp types. If you were to install these, when lit up, that Nikkio display would look a hundred times better than just using ordinary lamps, in my opinion. I say this because I have already done this by switching out fuse type lamps on several of my tuners and a couple of other pieces of audio equipment as well. Believe me once you install them and see for yourself you'll be amazed at how different and vibrant the display becomes, it just jumps out at you.
Of course you'll play a bit more but its very well worth it.

The choice is yours!

Good Luck on the receiver and hope you find that Owners/User Manual!

EDIT: First off let me state for the record that I am in no way affiliated with this seller on Ebay, like I previously stated, I just purchase LED lamps from him but these are good quality type. Yes there are others that sell LED's that are similar and at a different price but I am very satisfied and have had good results with these. I have posted a few pictures of the results on my tuners here in AK but you can also check out the examples that he has. This is the seller on Ebay that I purchased mine from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-fuse-la...pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c85dfbb17

Last edited:
I went to the site, and thanks so much for posting it. I wonder if anyone knows whether this seller has the LED conversion lamps in green, to suit a Sansui.

Back
Top Bottom