Heresy heresy

markshan

Sir Thrift a Lot
I love my new to me Heresys, but hate the terminal strip connectors. Would it be a... ugh... heresy to change it over to binding posts? Have any of you done this. Pics, if you have them, are appreciated.

Actually, the screw terminals are one of the best of all. Depending on how permanent the speakers are consider bare wire (that I prefer), tinned, spades or, closed ended terminals. If worried, just add a start washer that will then cur into the wire and also act as an added lock.

I was thinking the same thing with my Cornwalls. I was looking at the "Supreme Power Speaker Terminal Banana Binding Post" from parts express.

Heresy no not at all. You can rotate your Heresy 90 degrees and raise then up so the centre of the horns are at ear level turn the speakers so they are symmetrical (both woofers facing in or out depending on your room) and you can have an instant set of Vertical Heresy. A set of tall bar stools make the perfect height stand for this most interesting experiment that nobody ever seems to consider. Try it and see why Klipsch used to offer Cornwall's in Vertical and what that sounds like. Hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

I hate the screw terminal type, this is what I installed on my Chorus. Huge difference, I also hate the type you have to find the little hole to slide the wire in, then tighten. These are very nice, and have large holes for big wire, just push, slide the wire in, and done. :thmbsp:
Got them from Parts Express.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 77
for most people connect the speaker wires & see if you can live with it; used to bother me about my La Scala...still sound great...

Purchased these from PE and they were very easy to install. While you're at it why not install four and set them up for bi-amping, the needed crossover change is very simple. I used the screw terminal strip from the back of the cabinet inside for the new connection point for the woofer, keeps the crossover board looking original. I just screwed in two #10 pan head sheet metal screws to plug the holes where the terminal strip was attached. Apologize for the blurry picture.

Louis, do you think these would work with pins, such as I'm using with my '80 La Scala? Monster Cable, bought in the early '90's, when Klipsch dealers were pushing them; they never turned green & are still working.

I sent Louis the info on that eBay seller chanler.young; BUT, can't take credit, as I "borrowed" that info from some gentleman on the Klipsch Forums, LoL.

I use these on the back of my 1979 Cornwalls so I can use banana plugs in a horizontal or vertical position. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Banana...=100011&prg=10283&rk=1&rkt=10&sd=181456528174

Louis, do you think these would work with pins, such as I'm using with my '80 La Scala? Monster Cable, bought in the early '90's, when Klipsch dealers were pushing them; they never turned green & are still working.

I sent Louis the info on that eBay seller chanler.young; BUT, can't take credit, as I "borrowed" that info from some gentleman on the Klipsch Forums, LoL.

Hey Kendall.......... thanks for the link you posted months ago on the AVS forum. I have posted it several times now :thmbsp: Yes the brass screw that holds the banana plug with tighten down on a pin connector thru the opposite threaded hole.
Louis

In my experience even total purists are not put off by upgraded input terminals, especially if the originals are unusable (or a total PITA to use) with modern wire.

In my experience even total purists are not put off by upgraded input terminals, especially if the originals are unusable (or a total PITA to use) with modern wire.

I agree and now with HT systems in the same room as your stereo room banana plugs from AVR etc. to so many speakers just made it so much easier to deal with later on. I too got caught up in the Monster Cable products back in the 90's as our local Klipsch Dealer pushed them. Back in the 50/60's when I was growing up my late dad used solid copper speaker wires to his Heritage.:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom