Do you separate your audio and power cables?

That's because a random jumble is almost as good as crossing at right angles. If you were intentionally trying to induce a 60 hZ AC current on your interconnects you would run them neatly, in close proximity to one another and in parallel to establish the inductive field to do so.

Yeah! That's the ticket! Exactly my thoughts as I painstakingly created my rat's nest! <G>

Of course the front view is a little better.

Here's mine from the front, in case anyone was wondering what all those cables were about ...

system-jan14-002.jpg

Hey, we're only talking about 600 pounds including the vinyl ... <G>

Let's hear it for low pile carpet and teflon glides ... and a round of applause for back belts!

It's a good idea and one I should take more seriously.

Same here. There is a point in my setup where AC power cables, speaker cables, and interconnects all come together--sort of like the Bermuda Triangle. All I would have to do is put a few pieces of wood together to make a three-level separator, like a freeway interchange. Think I'll do it!

I try halfheartedly to keep audio, digital, and AC separate, but it never lasts, and I rarely have a problem. For interconnects, I use decent quality twisted pairs or star quad, shield connected at source end, and it seems to work just fine.

Hey, we're only talking about 600 pounds including the vinyl ... <G>

Let's hear it for low pile carpet and teflon glides ... and a round of applause for back belts!

Let's hear it for nice big casters under flexiracks post-lumbar fusion too. I'm going to contradict my response of "no" in post #2 and go with "yes". It seems I'm more anal about separating my cables than I realized. On further inspection they are very much separated and bundled with Velcro ties.

I have new mono blocks arriving Friday. I'll take some pictures this weekend after they are installed.

Back
Top Bottom