Yamaha not a good brand?

cyclepath

Seems that looking at the brands forums yamaha is at the bottom of the food chain and not by just a small margin.
I've always been impressed with yamaha and have found the brand to be very high quality.
Why is the brand so badly represented on the forum?

Lots of Yamaha fans here, especially Yamaha Natural Sound from the 1970's. The classic amps and receivers of the CA and CR variety.

I have a CA-810 that I have owned since 1979 and would not part with it. Not just because of sentimentality, but because it's one hell of a damn fine amplifier.

I've never sensed any poor representation of Yamaha on AK.

he can stack 'em on my junk pile of 'em...

DSC_0241 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

Shame on you! And you call yourself an Audiophile? With junk like THAT in your home?

I tell ya' what. I'll stop by and pick it all up for free so you don't have to worry about others seeing you with those. ;)

Nobody comes to Hawaii to look at Audio gear. It will be very "safe" here.

im going to hazard a quess and say that the other brands had flashier advertising ,flashier looks,maybe. I like the understated looks of the Yamaha,s and the sound,well nuff said!i personally only have 2 units.ca1010 and a htr 6130 both are stellar.will be buying more over time need to match up tuner ,deck for the ca1010.

Answers are probably going to be a little biased, posting in the Yamaha forum.

That being said, I sold the stuff for years and have owned numerous pieces. Head to head with anything in their price range, they are hard, if not impossible to beat.

Currently have a CR-840 that sounds wonderful, stk modules or not. Also just got an A-500 for free, been 20 years since I've had one. The bench is full so it will need to wait it's turn.

They do tend to be valued rather low for what they are, other than the top xx20 models and the CR2040. That's fine with me.

What do you mean by bottom?

If number of posts/replies/threads, this forum is a lot newer than the others.

But yeah, the gear sucks LOL.

in my town in the seventies and eighties Yamaha was sold out of a camera store .pioneer and Marantz were sold out of a place called moores which was set up for audio heaven,technics and sansui the same.heck even scott and fisher were sold out of pure audio stores.my ca1010 is my first with vintage Yamaha unless you count my brothers 4115,s that we used at parties.i tend to agree with ggregg about valuation.you cant go wrong with Yamaha gear, particularly from the late 70,s and early eighties. want to feel unloved?be a realistic sta 2100 .built like a tank ,nice sound and looks but dissed by millions,lol.in the original posters defence I don't think he,s shooting down Yamaha as much as wondering why it so underrated.

Last edited:
I've always liked a Yamaha. Did have a Yammie CD changer in the 80s that did not fare well though----plastic teeth kept breaking. I have a ht receiver I got off of ebay that I use with the octa card and computer now. Great unit.

Back
Top Bottom