Yamaha MX1000 decked with all LEDs

hadrian333

I recently revamped my (3) Yamaha MX1000 with all LEDs. Each one takes (7) Ebay #190649138195 15V BIPIN LEDs. No resistors necessary. Just solder them in place of the old incandescent lamps.

To replace them, take the front panel off and remove the display assembly.

The whole job took less than an hour. Easy Peasy! Cheers!

Awesome!! :thmbsp:

did you do a comparison test in terms of brightness? Is it brighter, similar, can you tell the difference?

I just re-lamped one amp with regular bulbs, but LED's would sure be an improvement (if they are not too bright).

Awesome!! :thmbsp:

did you do a comparison test in terms of brightness? Is it brighter, similar, can you tell the difference?

I just re-lamped one amp with regular bulbs, but LED's would sure be an improvement (if they are not too bright).

The LED is a bit brighter and more pinkish in color than the original dark red. Now, the front panel doesn't even get hot after it's on all day.

Very nice, thanks for the photos.

I couldn't help but notice...947.4 watts on the indicator!

Very nice, thanks for the photos.

I couldn't help but notice...947.4 watts on the indicator!

Dynamic power... I assume he had no load..
One way to show the entire array of the lcd without killing any speakers and / or breaking any windows...

Thanks again for the photos.

The LED is a bit brighter and more pinkish in color than the original dark red. Now, the front panel doesn't even get hot after it's on all day.

The no-heat result alone is worth the upgrade. How about some liquid tape on those terminals (for the LED's)

Back
Top Bottom