A Micron Headche? NO Not At All!

dc270

Now Off the Reservation
get it "Migriain" Headache..........oh well tag lines are not my strong suit- but speaker re-work may be!

Got another job under my belt. These are Micron 421’s. I completrely rebuilt and refinished them. Yes they are timed aligned cabinets too! They were given to me with deunk drivers.....so "franken-speaker was un-chained...again!. Who can say no to a nice set of walnut cabs, right?

I dropped in 2 new (FAITALPRO 4FE35 4" PROFESSIONAL FULL-RANGE WOOFER 4 OHM) woofers found on on PE, as well as some nice 1” (VIFA BC25SC55-04 1" SQUARE FRAME TWEETER) domes. Packed clay around the twtr frames, put in some diffraction foam pieces, new binding posts, L-Pad, strip/sand/ Tung oil finish the cab.

These little guy blow my doors off just how clean they sound- the best 2 way in it’s size anywhere. Maybe not much bass below 80hz- but the definition, front to back staging, etc more than makes up for its one weakness! Had them hooked up to my little Lepai “flea” amp playing a hi-def SD card- it is incredible just how good this little 20wpc can actually sound!!!

One of the most rewarding projects I have done in a long while.
Thanks for looking in- j
DC

Attachments

• Micron 421 Aprl 2014 002.JPG
    Micron 421 Aprl 2014 002.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 55
  • Micron 421 Aprl 2014 003.JPG
    Micron 421 Aprl 2014 003.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Micron 421 Aprl 2014 007.JPG
    Micron 421 Aprl 2014 007.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 34
  • Micron 421 Aprl 2014 006.JPG
    Micron 421 Aprl 2014 006.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Micron 421 Aprl 2014 004.JPG
    Micron 421 Aprl 2014 004.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for the compliment......let me see "bad pun" coming from "JesusChrysler"....OK!

(ha)

DC

They look good Doug....... :thmbsp: I will bring over the JVC this week end and you can play them and the Milano's for me.
Louis

Nicely done, Doug....those look sweet! Wonder how they'd compare to my little A. Jones -22 Pioneers (very similar driver complement)? :scratch2:

Thanks guys, ya Louis- be looking forward to trying them out for ya, I think you will be surprised by them, I certainly am! See ya this weekend.

That time alignment thing seems to work well for these, The spread from 80hz+ is one of the best I have heard yet. Those Pio 22's look VERY interesting- as does the one Louis told me about. Small pkg....BIG sound- ya gotta love it

http://www.klipsch.com/ksb-1-1-bookshelf-speaker/details
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-BS22-LR-Designed-Bookshelf-Loudspeakers/dp/B008NCD2LG

DC

get it "Migriain" Headache..........oh well tag lines are not my strong suit- but speaker re-work may be!

Got another job under my belt. These are Micron 421’s. I completrely rebuilt and refinished them. Yes they are timed aligned cabinets too! They were given to me with deunk drivers.....so "franken-speaker was un-chained...again!. Who can say no to a nice set of walnut cabs, right?

I dropped in 2 new (FAITALPRO 4FE35 4" PROFESSIONAL FULL-RANGE WOOFER 4 OHM) woofers found on on PE, as well as some nice 1” (VIFA BC25SC55-04 1" SQUARE FRAME TWEETER) domes. Packed clay around the twtr frames, put in some diffraction foam pieces, new binding posts, L-Pad, strip/sand/ Tung oil finish the cab.

These little guy blow my doors off just how clean they sound- the best 2 way in it’s size anywhere. Maybe not much bass below 80hz- but the definition, front to back staging, etc more than makes up for its one weakness! Had them hooked up to my little Lepai “flea” amp playing a hi-def SD card- it is incredible just how good this little 20wpc can actually sound!!!

One of the most rewarding projects I have done in a long while.
Thanks for looking in- j
DC
Hello. I have the Micron 631 and Bass Extender 2.1 setup. Any chance you can share how you accessed the crossovers in your 421's?

@ReevesKC

What you can do going forward is always double check the date of the thread which is easy enough to do. If asking a question to a specific member just scroll over their UN so for example you can see the last time they were seen.

Screen Shot 2024-01-04 at 6.45.44 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom