KA 3500, impressed !

Allisonholic

"Can you fix a Hi-Fi?'
kenwood 3500 3 JPG.jpg

kenwood 3500 4.jpg
When family members approached me to provide music at an upcoming family reunion (probably 'cause I'm the guy with the gear) I decided to look for something a little more portable than what I have. After doing my research, most of it here, I decided on a KA 3500. Mostly because of the following it has here and reading the many posts singing it's praises. "Sweet little amp", "under the radar" and an old Hi Fi store ad "this thing cooks". I found a recently serviced one with KT 5300 tuner and I gotta tell you I'm impressed with this little guy.

I first tested it with a pair of small AR's that I test new amps with and it sounded OK. But when I hooked it up to a pair of Allison 6's I was blown away.
The cases looked kinda blah so I painted them Rustolium Hammered Chestnut, I wrote about it in a earlier post.

This little guy has found a place in my house and in my heart, I'm not banishing it to the garage once the reunion is over.

View attachment 581124

View attachment 581125
When family members approached me to provide music at an upcoming family reunion (probably 'cause I'm the guy with the gear) I decided to look for something a little more portable than what I have. After doing my research, most of it here, I decided on a KA 3500. Mostly because of the following it has here and reading the many posts singing it's praises. "Sweet little amp", "under the radar" and an old Hi Fi store ad "this thing cooks". I found a recently serviced one with KT 5300 tuner and I gotta tell you I'm impressed with this little guy.

I first tested it with a pair of small AR's that I test new amps with and it sounded OK. But when I hooked it up to a pair of Allison 6's I was blown away.
The cases looked kinda blah so I painted them Rustolium Hammered Chestnut, I wrote about it in a earlier post.

This little guy has found a place in my house and in my heart, I'm not banishing it to the garage once the reunion is over.

I've got the KA-4006 and KT-5300 combo...they are a sweet pair. Congrats!

I had a KA 3500 back in the early 80's when I was young . But I hit hard times and had to sell it to pay the electric bill . I loved that amp . I found a KA 5700 recently on CL and that one sounds just as good . Love these Kennys .
Rudy .

I got the same amp/tuner in my office hooked up to a pair of 8" Jensen whizzer cone speakers in EV Baronette knock off cabinets (corner speaker cabinets).
I'm pretty impressed with the little setup. Eric

Recently acquired a KA 5500 and it's quickly become my favorite amp. I can believe the 3500 must sound equally as good.

I have mentioned in this forum a few times that a KA-3500 was the centerpiece of my first "real" stereo system. Bought new in 1977 and it played great for nearly 30 years. If I ever come across another, you can bet I'll grab it.

I got a KA-3500 a couple weeks ago - very impressive for a little bugger. Use it on the computer with Paradigm Titans v3.....excellent!

I have that amp and the matching tuner - KT-5300.

Sweet, classic mid-70s gear. Gotta love those aluminum face plates :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom