What's going on with my L-07C?

Looks like the volume control was lifted at some point. Also a resistor is lifted. RCA assembly looks a little suspect based on the black jumpers and possible cut yellow wire.

L-07C schematic here. Scan is good.

http://elektrotanya.com/kenwood_l-07c_sch.pdf/download.html

What resistor do you speak of? The ones I already posted having a post lifted? Would you be able to get a pic of where phono one ties into the board so I have an idea.

Thanks
Dan

The rear phono RCA assembly has plastic connectors for hookup to the boards. Makes replacement a snap. If you have loose/cut wires or splices, then it has been hacked.

Cool, thanks. On a side note, I got my first L-09M in the mail today. The other one will be here Monday. You can guess and and anticipate all you want, but until your actually holding one of these monsters in you arms you really have no idea how massive these are. I took the top off and mil spec comes to mind. Built for brute force!

Dan

Have you been able to test the L-07C with a cheapo amp? What works and what does not? Than take a look at the schematic. There must be a reason for the jumpers and the lifts. If the black wire is tapped into one of the rca jacks, start there.

Agreed, the L-09M is a beast. The design is over the top in many ways.

Back
Top Bottom