found a nice 9150 that needed repair but ..

SicMan

Fire up those speakers
Subscriber
FEDEX took care of that --- packing was just OK

corner02.jpg

box-corner.jpg

:thumbsdn:

John M

What a freaking shame :tears: I would try and file a claim, but their usual retort (UPS too) to anything damaged is it wasn't packed correctly. Good luck though.

If someone packs with peanuts you can almost always expect a damaged unit (of course someone will say, "I packed with peanuts and everything was fine, etc. etc.). Did the unit move around in the box when you shook the box before you opened it?

These things are really heavy and just ok packing is not acceptable. There are many resources on the web where you can get information on packing a heavy unit.

In this case I wouldn't fault fedex but I would fault the seller.

I always expect this from fedex, ups and USPS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-e96m4730&feature=kp

Crying shame. If that's the one that just went on eBay, I had my eye on it. Anymore, when I'm having a heavy piece shipped, I message the seller and implore them to use extra padding. Even offer to pay extra for packaging material if they need it. After having vintage items damaged, I cringe while opening the package. Feel bad for you.

That's a real shame on such a lovely amp,real sorry to see that.
Looks to me as it's been dropped and makes me wonder if better packaging would've even prevented it as those Kenwood 9100's are real strong built amps with thick metal face plates.

yeah .. filing a claim.. like you guys say FedEx and UPS would say bad packing. I pack these units real good and this one seemed OK extra cushions in the corners etc. no double box though. Seems the box was really dropped hard to bend that 3/16 or more plate aluminum like that. Went right thru the styro board.
He's filing a claim to. We'll see what happens. And that panel "WAS" mint ...

Back
Top Bottom