< $30 to fill the tank!

chicks

Lunatic Member
Usually fill the ~ 12 Gal tank in the CR/V weekly, when it needs 11 or so gallons. Up until a short time ago, it was taking north of $40 to do so. Today, it finally dropped below $30 for the first time in ages. :banana:

Regular was 2.49 today at the local Exxon ... 2.39 for cash purchases!
I shop Safeway and get a gas credit due to grocery purchases - so, I got another 0.40/gal discount.
Opted for high test and got it for 2.59/gal!
(2004 Honda CRV - I can tell a tank of High now and then actually does help)

My son in an engineer in the oil industry. I don't bitch about the price of gas any more. Especially since I walk 50' to work every day.:D

A bit more to fill this one:

2013_Moscow_Victory_Day_Parade_%2828%29.jpg

Gas Buddy showing $1.69 at one station here in Springfield MO. Gotta be at least 20 years since I've seen gas that low. :jawdrop:

diesel stays up...why? I'd rather pay more if semi drivers could catch a break and maybe knock down the price of whatever they're carrying.

per gas buddy, 2.27 at Sam's Club, and 2.31 (soon to change I'll bet) at Costco, where I usually buy gas. This has been a real eye opener as gas has literally dropped in half here. I think at this current rate, it could drop below $2.00 by Mid January.

As for other bills, I'm not certain why in DFW natural gas costs would be high at all. The US has a huge supply of natural gas. My gas bills (with gas stove but not oven, and natural gas water heater and dryer) are less than $30 month, while electricity here in California is averaging $110 month. We are a electricity intensive home though, 3 computers with dual screens, 2 plasma TV's, fridges, washer/dryer, etc.

And please don't get me started on telecommunications - Sat TV, internet, home and wireless family plan = > $400/month.

Gas Buddy showing $1.69 at one station here in Springfield MO. Gotta be at least 20 years since I've seen gas that low. :jawdrop:

I remember paying $0.76 per gallon for a short time while I was in high school. Must've been about '97 or '98. Yes, that was 76 cents per gallon :yes:

I remember paying $0.76 per gallon for a short time while I was in high school. Must've been about '97 or '98. Yes, that was 76 cents per gallon :yes:

I remember it when $0.27 per gallon was enough for my father to want me to drive every day between the store on Portsmouth NH and our hotel in Alton Bay. My Nash Metro averaged about 50+ miles per gallon while hos suicide door Lincoln could just make it between gas stations. If I went no where else during the cosg per week was $2.70. In rhe early part of '72 I spun my car during an ice storm on rte 95. I was driving about 120 miles per day and even the gas costs flr my 6-cyl mustang was making it expensive. After the spin out I called a friend who ran a garage to see if he had something on the lot that was not as hazardous to drive on ice. Turned out a few days earlier he signed up to be a dealer for a new car company, Subaru. He had 1 on the lot so I went to see it and paid $1500 out the door with every option. A couple of months later the 1st embargo hit and the car's 45+ miles per gallon was a blessing. The same car within a couple of months of the start of the embargo was selling for more than $5000+.

What surprises me today is here were 2 cars getting great mileage, 1 from the '50s and the other from the early '70s. Soon after the mileage of small cars began to radically increase where an equiv car could not get near 20 miles. I wondered if there was some collusion between the oil companies and auto makers decided high mileage cars had to be killed. Even today few, if any exclusively gas engined cars get that mileage and while the Nash was a bit crapped in the back, the Subaru had loads of room compared to new Subafus and most "intermediates" of today.

You lucky S.O.B.'s!

Ours is also down but at 86 Cents at Liter x 4 1/2 for regular, still high enough but that is down from almost $1.20 x 4 1/2 a few Weeks ago and was even higher a while back! Oh them days of filling my Buick 36 Gallons for a Ten spot are just memories that's for sure:)

$1.07/L here (was close to $1.30/L) with Diesel still crazy @ 1.29 (was as high as $1.33) . 0.76 in Edmonton, AB for gas.

US Gal=3.8L

Last edited:
oh California... lol.. still $2.90~ here in T.O.

meh filling the new Malibu has dropped from about $52 to more like $42 so that is good i guess.

Back
Top Bottom