Why don't people drool over the CT-95?

Nice unit. Too bad they didn't bother to try to sell it here. I've owned most of the TOTL Pioneer units (except for the A9 era units which appear to have had the same problem-I ACTIVELY tried to find one when they were being marketed) from the 1000 to the CT-93. I see an awful lot of overlap between the 93 and the 95. I'd prefer the 93 for ergonomics, but the 10 Hz spec is intriguing. Is that +/- 6db as per usual?

someone here said pioneer ct-s620 sounds better than ct-f1250...

well,, maybe your ct-f1250 was set wrong?

ive had 2 ct-93´s and they do NOT sound better than ct-f1250. ct-f1250 has a clearer and more dynamic sound.

ct-95? it looks ugly...

The only weakness I've seen common to all four of my 1250's (I restored three myself, the first was stolen on Christmas Eve 1984) is Dolby B noise reduction. Nearly every 1250 I owned was set up funny from the factory. You can shallow out both encode and decode and get a lot of the "hiss" factor out of the music and still not have the "overcoat thrown over the speakers" phenomenon that seemed to rule all cassette decks from that time. It's personal taste, but I buy my machines to keep, not to roll over.

I like the looks of this whole era and enjoy cassette very much when paired well. You can say all you want about it not being "true" vintage, but to be able to reach out and easily find solid cassette technology is a pleasure......and that machine is a beaut.

Managed to score it's little brother, the Pioneer CT-S920S for next to nothing.
I wonder what the differences are because I can't see many. Well, there's the wooden panels. But apart from that, anyone knows ?

Yes... I can remember when the components started getting "artsy"...?

The finishing began with wood.. wood grain simulated.. silver highlights.. polished silver.. black.. black brushed.. then added rack mounts and the like.

I suppose its all part of the appeal for marketing and sales.

Still..... its beautiful!

Managed to score it's little brother, the Pioneer CT-S920S for next to nothing.
I wonder what the differences are because I can't see many. Well, there's the wooden panels. But apart from that, anyone knows ?

Yes the specs for the 95 just beat out the 920.

Jump over to HFE (HiFiEngine) and sign up and download the OM and SM. The specs in the OM show that the 95 beats the 920 by a nearly unnoticeable amount on a number of items. Should be a great machine.

Back
Top Bottom