No NFL thread for this season yet ?

Got some Redskins fans in Motown tonight. Their win put the Eagles out of the playoffs unless they win their division, but more importantly, put Detroit in with a chance for a first round bye.

Looks like the Chargers may be on their way to another unbelievable end of season run to get into the playoffs. Pulled off a miracle in SF tonight, and actually have a better shot than they did last season in terms of help needed from other teams.

John

Detroit drama queens!
(Hey, we meant to do that!) <G>

Showdown at Lambeau for all the cheese. Bring em on!
(It's only been 22 years since Lions won there. Hey, it could happen!)

Would just like to express my appreciation (along with those of all Chargers fans) for how poorly Baltimore played in their loss today - thanks, Joe & company!

Now, we just need to get past KC next week.

John

Lot of strange games today ...

... surprised to see NE just barely survive against the Jets ...
... Vikings HAD Miami against the wall
... Baltimore falls to Houston?
... Washington takes out Philly?
... and of course the Chargers miracle comeback ...
... Dallas is currently destroying Indy

And yes, NFC South will be a sub 500 team! Uh ... yeah!

Fitting finale would be to see a third string QB win over the reigning champs ...

Kinda went out of their way to lose that one, didn't they?

Can't blame it on the shiny new center either. Absolutely NOTHING was working consistently for them. All the talent in the world isn't gonna help if they don't figure out a way to use it. Special teams set the tone for the game right up front with a pick six, and it was mostly downhill from there. Stafford gave up 50 QBR points to a guy who had enough trouble standing up! Detroit's vaunted "D" got a total of ONE sack on a stationary target. Reggie Bush looks done, and not even a 100 yards between Megatron and Tate. And lets not even get started on their tight ends ... <hic!> Wouldn't be surprised to see both Ebron and Ross looking for new jobs shortly. Only bright spot was Bell, but I expect he'll be dealing with some pretty serious fumble drills most of this week - probably be sleeping with one, with team mates trying to punch it out. <G>

PS ... I see Chicago's cleaning house ... fired everybody, including the water boy ... Looks like they'll have plenty of "slightly used, no warranty" coaches to choose from after Black Monday. Rex Ryan, Mike Smith are also looking for someplace to land. At least Harbaugh has a fallback position ... quite a comfortable one in fact.

Oh. Yeah. Another week, another fine and possible suspension ... I didn't agree with the Raiola incident as that was a quick hop with bodies all over the ground, but this one's pretty hard to explain. It COULD look accidental as he was initially blocked into Rodgers, but taking all his weight off the other foot and driving the cleats into an already injured calf looks ... suspicious at least.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451231/article/nfl-reviewing-suhs-step-on-aaron-rodgers

Last edited:
Suh's suspended. What a dumb ass...

If he would have turned around and offered a hand, he might have had a chance with the "accident" card, but he didn't even look back when Rodgers swatted him.

I wonder how many GMs are wondering if he's worth the trouble and how much these shenanigans will cost him? I don't think he's getting $15 mil here....

... so you're saying we should all be jumping for joy that he won't be able to jump ship?

Kewl ... stomp away, I say!! :D

PS ... it's Caldwell's fault ... he wouldn't give Suh a day off last week so he could head on down to Tampa to stomp Evan Dietrich-Smith again and get it out of his system ...

I gotta agree with this one though. And still disagree with the Raiola suspension as that looked to me like an aging athlete late in a game and season, 11th play of a drive, stumbling about a bit when faced with a sudden unexpected lump in the turf ...

Suh's suspended. What a dumb ass...

If he would have turned around and offered a hand, he might have had a chance with the "accident" card, but he didn't even look back when Rodgers swatted him.

I wonder how many GMs are wondering if he's worth the trouble and how much these shenanigans will cost him? I don't think he's getting $15 mil here....

Sumbitch should be suspended from the NFL for a year. Lowlife scumbag. His antics are right up there with the shenanigans of Bill Romanowski (e.g., deliberately breaking fingers in a pile-up).

... so you're saying we should all be jumping for joy that he won't be able to jump ship?.

Oh, he'll jump ship; somebody will throw open the vault doors for him.

But then again, maybe not. The Chicago GM who paid Cutler a ton on that extension just got axed today, so maybe some of these guys will start looking over their shoulders on some of these deals.

Not every free agent works out as well as Golden Tate....:no:

Things have certainly changed since my day ... trying to think of any part of me that WASN'T stomped at some point or other. Thing is, it wasn't documented in HD from several angles and played back frame by frame over and over again.

Wanna blame someone, blame the talking heads at FOX for basically DARING the NFL to not take notice. Doesn't help that the same talking heads tend to be mostly retired qb's with an axe to grind when it comes to anything "D" ... would have been fun to have Warren Sapp in the booth ... "huh? I didn't see anything!" <G>

Back
Top Bottom