Match for chorus II's in surround sound application

Olecranon

My HT setup is currently a hodge podge of different speakers. I have my Chorus II's as my front mains, and then a pair of Vandersteen 1b's as the sides. I listen to normal 2 channel audio in 6.1 (I turn off the center channel). I'd like to replace the Vandersteen 1B's with something closer to the Chorus II's in timbre.

Some local options available :

KG4's

KG4.5's

KG5.5's

Any opinions?

Additional info.. These speakers would need to be pushed very close to a wall so the passive in the KG4 would only have a couple inches to breath.

Last edited:
Quartet has the identical mid driver as the Chorus ll so does the Forte ll. The Quartet is almost the same size as a Forte ll shorter by about three inches than a Forte ll and the Quartet has a ten inch woofer. Best regards Moray James.

I use Quartets as fronts and KG 3.5s as rears. Sounds wonderful. I would go for the KG 5.5s. Thier port is on the front, so they can be up against a wall.

I use the now older KLF-C7 to good effect with my CIIs, which was at the time the recommended alternative to finding an older Acadamy. Have used HII for rears happily for years but will soon install some form of Klipsch ceiling mounted surrounds for convenience and ascetics. Some benefit of a speaker with specific center position design goals are size, speaker layout, shielding, no orphaned other speaker and mounting options.

Back
Top Bottom