sa/tx 900 restoration

rhodus

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just finished recapping my sa 900 and have been listening with pleasure for over a month now. Just found a mint condition matching tx 900 tuner and hooked it up. What a fine little set! Alas, the amp shorted out the second day after the tuner was hooked up. I found a shorted SR3AM-8 in the power supply. Any recommendations for a replacement would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Pioneer 900 set.jpg
    Pioneer 900 set.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 40
Original caps

More pics to follow

Attachments

• jan 19, 2014 056.jpg
    jan 19, 2014 056.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 42
I went over this with "mtf" a while back, when he suggested the same replacement, which I stated is not really a good replacement for a SR3AM-8
Check out this thread
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218849&highlight=SR3AM-8
Thanks for the input. Wish I had read that thread before I ordered parts. Don't know how I missed it. The amp seems to be doing great with the 1n5406 though. I will be using it alot so we will find out soon enough. Thanks again...

So far so good. This system sounds damn good. We use it daily. At present I have 2 Bose 201s inside and 2 more outside. I want to upgrade the inside speakers but they need to be small. Heresy's are too big....
Update, found room for 2 inside Heresys. they are a great match for the sa900. AWESOME SOUND

Back
Top Bottom