Pioneer SA-9900 restoration

Lazyman

First I start With the Power Supply bord using Panasonic FC and some Nichicon.:scratch2:

Attachments

• Oversikt.jpg
    Oversikt.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 127
  • CIMG1958.jpg
    CIMG1958.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 125
Power Supply Board finished.

Attachments

• Power Supply Board.jpg
    Power Supply Board.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Power Supply Board2.jpg
    Power Supply Board2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 106
while the job looks neat, the cut wires ran a chill up my spine...

we strive to NOT cut the wires and leave ourselves "on a short leash", plus trying to resolder the wires to the pins is difficult with 30 years of oxidation and a finish that was not intended for soldering. Plus the wire insulation melts (without precautions), making it look, well, unprofessional.

When we can't get enough slack by unstringing the bundles, we desolder the pins from the boards leaving the wraps intact.

There ARE some pin types that won't unsolder gracefully, but those dual fork mounts are not the norm (sx-1010 audio boards, sx-1050 psu etc)

Usually we can gain enough slack to work by unstringing...

Here we are cleaning the pots and contact very carefully. First Kontakt60, Kontkat61 and Kontakt-WL. It is 3-step cleaning. they will be like New :)

Attachments

• CIMG1970.jpg
    CIMG1970.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 83
  • CIMG1971.jpg
    CIMG1971.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
The Blue ones goes out and in goes WIMA, and Nichicon Fine Gold

Attachments

• CIMG1972.jpg
    CIMG1972.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 93
  • CIMG1973.jpg
    CIMG1973.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 94
You know, somthimes you just have to cut the wire :scratch2:

Nope. And I doubt you could even scratch the surface of how many I, or EchoWars or many others have done..

It's your unit - and you can do as you damn well please, just don't expect complements about cut wires and their reconnection when you show it off.

Back
Top Bottom