2SK68A replacement?

belgianbrain

Very specific question: I need a replacement for this for a post amp board on a Yamaha T2 tuner. What can I use? 2SK68A doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

The only JFET I have on hand is BF245A. Anyone think that'll work? (I'd replace them both so both channels are the same)

Last edited:
when all else fails there is always NTE 458, it is listed as a direct sub/cross.

I would try all other avenues first though including ebay, paying 20 dollars for that part is insane I would use the nte in a heartbeat if that was the only option.

Hmmmm..consolidated has no warehouse stock of the 2SK68A.

BD enterprises wants $6.50 per unit!

I'll look for the NTE458...they're $6.50 each too, but look to be available locally.

Last edited:
No cheap way out of this one.

I ordered 3 in case I mess one up. Total with tax and shipping is $31. :wtf: That's for the NTE458.

Of course, I'm in Canada, so I always have to consider possible customs fees from the US.

Anyone know what the pinout on the 2SK68A is? The 2SK30A is one supposed drop-in replacement I was looking at, but the pinout on it is the opposite from the NTE458. :headscrat Will I have to install the 458 backwards?

Last edited:
Hmmmm..consolidated has no warehouse stock of the 2SK68A.

BD enterprises wants $6.50 per unit!

I'll look for the NTE458...they're $6.50 each too, but look to be available locally.

Even for the price it would be cheaper than ordering. The one you said
to have on hand is 20 volts shy of the 2sk68s rating.

It's for a Yamaha T-2, all's good if you get it right after the swap.

Yes. Some devices (not anything I would buy used!) would've been dropped in the trash on the cost of those JFETs.

But the T-2 is classic, and it's not leaving this house as long as I live here.

If you live in Ontario, south eastern side there are plenty of parts houses to look into next time. Sayal and nutech can order in NTE and have a stock available, they also have a huge pile of other NOS and new production devices and parts.

Some guy in Pomona CA (on eBay) has some 2sk68a's. I shouldn't directly link.

Vetco.net in WA has some NTE458s.

quite often NTE parts do need to have their pins moved around BTW, if you download a program called NTE quuickcross it will provide you with nice pdf data sheets of their parts, then you could download the 2sk68(a) data sheet from a google search and compare their pinouts. I do not advocate NTE parts, but when you can't find what your looking for you are left with the LAST option, good luck with the repair and keep us posted please.

Some guy in Pomona CA (on eBay) has some 2sk68a's. I shouldn't directly link.

Vetco.net in WA has some NTE458s.

Ebay is a great option, and i use it quite often, most recently for some germanium diodes 1N60, I know I could have used a modern part easy enough but this Marantz owner wanted everything to remain original.

Watch out for the big transistors though, lots of fakes. I bought 2 fake STK modules from MCM electronics, I imagine ebay is even more flooded.

I called Sayal, but they didn't seem to have anything suitable available.

I'll have to check out Nutech for future reference.

I've looked at the NTE data sheet, but the challenge seems to be finding a 2sk68a data sheet. Haven't found one with a pinout yet.

Back
Top Bottom