I love Yamaha Amps

elasticus

Its true I do love Yamaha Amps I own three of them but none of them are working properly. I just discovered Yamaha m 45 is sounding dull on the left channel. Any Ideas on where to start looking for the problem?
When I switch the rca inputs to the amp the problem remains on the same side. The speakers checked out fine. Same problem in the headphones. The left channel has volume but sounds 1 dimensional like television. I dont mind trying to fix things I recently recapped my ca800 and that worked fine for a while. I need to fix this m45 but don't know where to start I got it on Ebay and It looks like somebody has previously been soldering on the board.

My other amps are ca 800 and ca 820 240v australian

Its true I do love Yamaha Amps I own three of them but none of them are working properly. I just discovered Yamaha m 45 is sounding dull on the left channel. Any Ideas on where to start looking for the problem?
When I switch the rca inputs to the amp the problem remains on the same side. The speakers checked out fine. Same problem in the headphones. The left channel has volume but sounds 1 dimensional like television. I dont mind trying to fix things I recently recapped my ca800 and that worked fine for a while. I need to fix this m45 but don't know where to start I got it on Ebay and It looks like somebody has previously been soldering on the board.

My other amps are ca 800 and ca 820 240v australian

Check and see if your speakers are properly phased. ie. Plus to plus and minus to minus.

Same problem in the headphones

What are you using for a control amplifier.Headphone issue would not be related to the M-45.

You are correct I was confusing it with the ca800. All of the other problems relate to the m 45. I have checked the speaker phase several times and even swapped the speakers over the problem remains on the LH when I swap the rca input cables around.

Just a thought, I was having Left channel issues last weekend, and...finally...swapped RCA cables from my TT to Yamaha amp, that was the problem. Maybe you get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom