Klipsch kgsw subwoofer

dieselsdad

Hey gang. I'm new to this forum and new to the world of Klipsch. I've learned a ton since finding this site yesterday, having spent most of my free time in it. I bought a set of original Heresy's a little while ago and like others decided I needed more bass. I came across a klipsch kgsw subwoofer but I can't find any info on it. I'm guessing that maybe it was part of a kg speaker set at one time? Does anyone know more about this subwoofer? Since hanging out here I've learned that I can mod the Heresy's for better sound by bracing the box and adding seals and whatnot, also going to look at rebuilding the capacitors with some crites stuff. Any help on the kgsw would be appreciated.

I love Klipsch. I use them in my two channel setup and love the horns. (The Crites mods are worth every penny.) Having said that, IMHO, Klipsch subs don't stand up well against the competition. Check out Rythmic F15 or HSU ULS-15.

Hey gang. I'm new to this forum and new to the world of Klipsch. I've learned a ton since finding this site yesterday, having spent most of my free time in it. I bought a set of original Heresy's a little while ago and like others decided I needed more bass. I came across a klipsch kgsw subwoofer but I can't find any info on it. I'm guessing that maybe it was part of a kg speaker set at one time? Does anyone know more about this subwoofer? Since hanging out here I've learned that I can mod the Heresy's for better sound by bracing the box and adding seals and whatnot, also going to look at rebuilding the capacitors with some crites stuff. Any help on the kgsw would be appreciated.

Diesekdad: welcome to the forum this is a great place. I have a pair of Heresy and a pair of H3. the H3 are fully braced and stiffened with solid oak and stuffed about 85% with high density acoustical ceiling tile fiberglass. The woofer has 3x1/8" SAE rated F-11 acoustical felt over the spider and a 14" on the struts along with a layer of Dynamat on the basket and magnet assembly. The speakers are up on four post stands about 21 inches high. I have two HSU subs and the speakers sound better with the subs off though with a tad less bass weight that way they stage and image better sans subs and they have a more organic quality about them without the subs on. Noe shortage of bass all on their own. I would suggest you go that route first and then see what you think with a sub. I plan on doing the same to the subs and blocking off the vents to make them a sealed box to better match the Heresy. Best regards Moray James.

Nice 1993 Klipsch KG KGSW LE Subwoofer

All original with 2 K1002-K 20H 8" speakers

Very rare LE model with the upgraded K1002-K speakers,
the earlier KGSW model was offered with two K-1004-K 8"

All original black painted walnut cabinet with rubber feet.
Good condition with a few minor edge and corner bumps,
original black factory floor cabinet, never opened up or modified.
Original cones and foams, viewable through dual ported side.

No cone rubbing, no cone wrinkles, no distortion, nice full volume range sound,
No warping, no chunks missing, no separation, minor edge wear only.
No coffee or cigarette stains.

Klipsch Subwoofer
KGSW LE
Specifications

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 34Hz-150Hz(+-)3dB
POWER HANDLING 200 watts maximum continuous, (600 watts peak)
SENSITIVITY 91 / 94dB @ 1watt/1meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms / 4 ohms
LOW PASS CROSSOVER 150Hz Fixed
SPEAKERS: Two K-1002-K 8" (20.32cm) Injected Carbon Graphite cones
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL Medium density fiberboard (MDF)
ENCLOSURE TYPE Bandpass
DIMENSIONS 12.25" (31.1cm) x 24.25" (61.6cm) x 15.9" (40.4cm)
WEIGHT 45 lbs. (20.2kg)
FINISH Black
BUILT 1993

From a Epay auction that is at $165.00 right now. I have several Kilpsch Synergy Sub 12" 300/650 watt, BASH amp in them. Klipsch made these for about 8 years(there are still new one's to be had). My first two were used ($400.00 for the pair shiped)ONE works awsome with my stock Heresy II. My 3rd one, Amazon new $249.00 shipped(this one is with the HII in the bedroom system now). In a small room you can get away with a entry level sub. Bigger room purchase a better more powerfull sub. I took Moray's advise and raised my HII so the mid horns were at ear level (like my Cornwalls) and aimed the mid horns at me WOW should have done this 20 odd years ago. Any decent sub with the gain at mid settings will work wonders with a Heresy. I have tried several subs with mine and all worked great in my small rooms. Enjoy the Klipsch and welcome to the forum.
Louis

I realize this is a 4 year old thread, but I just picked up one of these Klipsch subs for free. It doesn't have the label to show the connections, so I'm kind of at a loss. Not much turned up when I did a search. Anyone know which part is from the amp and which is to speakers? Thanks!IMG_20161007_200719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom