Maryland-Virgina-DC AK Members Spring Get Together

I'm up for another meeting. I'm currently recapping my late 60's KLH Model 27 receiver. I'm also going to replace a few in my Crown IC-150.

Finally got settled down out here but my stuff doesn't get here until Tuesday. I am seriously missing my gear. I picked up a turntable at a pawn shop while visiting family in Illinois and haven't gotten to test it out yet. This will be my first foray into vinyl.

Finally got settled down out here but my stuff doesn't get here until Tuesday. I am seriously missing my gear. I picked up a turntable at a pawn shop while visiting family in Illinois and haven't gotten to test it out yet. This will be my first foray into vinyl.

Welcome to the DC area!
You will need to get that gear set-up soon because the area traffic will soon be making you crazy...... :yes:

What part of the area are you settling in?

Welcome to the DC area!
You will need to get that gear set-up soon because the area traffic will soon be making you crazy...... :yes:

I'm fairly used to traffic. I lived in Chicago for five years and the last year they were redoing 90/94. Then I lived in Oahu for the past three. But yes, I do need the gear set up soon :)

I'm living a little west of downtown Alexandria over by the Eisenhower stop

I'm fairly used to traffic. I lived in Chicago for five years and the last year they were redoing 90/94. Then I lived in Oahu for the past three. But yes, I do need the gear set up soon :)

Nice area. Not to far from Del Ray.

Welcome to the area!
I used to work just North of the Eisenhower Metro, at the Hoffman Complex.
Moved us all out end of Jan ... but a real nice area to be in!

So how many AKers are there in the area and how many typically show up to the gatherings that you guys do?

I would say 20 to 25 maybe at our spring and fall get togethers show up. I would guess there are hundreds in the area though.
Regards,
Jim

Not all the locals show up at the GTs, whether its lack of interest or lack of knowledge; I don't know. There were people at Jims back in May I hadn't met before, some I'd met at Ricks in October, and people who were at Ricks who didn't make it to Jim's spring-fling.

But Jim's number is about right, there were about that number at each the fall and spring gts I've attended.

Still, the group that's showed up have been an excellent group of people I'm happy to call friends.

The first one I had at my place wives came too, and all togethere there was around 35 or so.. ... The second one, there was about 15-20, no wives though..

But hey... having an impromptu one this month.. small it appears, but still good to see everyone and just have a chance and place to hang out...

If anyone has missed the notice about it.. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=452592

Back
Top Bottom