KLH 57 Receiver

RIVΛL

I found a KLH Model 57 Receiver and according to the forums the KLH's aren't bad, the guy is asking $20 (it's an auction with 2 hours left and no bids) and shipping is $20 so around $40-$50.

Anyone know if this is a good deal? A lot of other KLH receiver's seem to be going for more than this guy's asking.

Edit: It look's like there is almost no documentation what so ever anywhere on the internet.

Last edited:
Does it work?
I'd spend 20 on one; not sure I'd spend 50... even though they're reputed to be decent enough and even here in New England, they're not terribly common.

I believe that's one of the first few models made after KLH was sold to Kyocera. Made in Japan more than likely. Totally different from KLH original lineup. I have no idea though on how they sound.

I'd have thought it dated to the Singer era.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=468378

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I found a KLH Model 57 SN# A05700161 at an antique store and they were selling for $200. It had no physical damage to it, and I was able to try it out before purchasing (of course anyone would). I purchased it for my study. The sound is awesome! I love the FM meter. I use that when tuning into stations I like. There are a few minor things I have noticed with it. There seems to be a very slight hum coming from the speakers. I think it is an AC line hum. Not sure how to correct this. I also noticed the tuning knob is about 1-2 MHZ off. In other words, if I want to tune in to a station at 100MHZ, I have to turn the knob so it reads 102MHZ. Aa a result, there are about two stations at the very end of the FM spectrum that I can't get.

dvscrobe, welcome to AK. However I need to point out that you have dredged up 4 ancient posts on this radio today, and posted exactly the same thing several times. Please stick with one post. There is no reason to ask the same question repeatedly, and chances are in these old threads the posters may no longer visit AK regularly.

Back
Top Bottom