What I learned on Craigslist

"I was working before you drove 3 hours to come look at it"

"No, it's still the same price even though it doesn't work - I need the money."

"No water damage, always used in the house!"
Me: there's 3 'can' marks on the top of this amp and I can see where it dripped inside
"That's not water damage, no way"

:thmbsp:

Should still be good, but not good enough for us to eat it, and we've had our eye on it the entire time. But you can eat it. It's fine, really.

This was the title:
moron selling kicker eq garbage! flea market eq!

This was the dialog inside:
Smokin crack hahahha moron!

Not CL, but I was amused by this posting over on Vinyl Engine:

"Hi, so my friend's dad gave me his old JVC QL A2 and it needs speakers. I have never had to purchase speakers before, all I know is there is a cord with a red end and a white end which I think plugs into them? Can anyone help me with types of speakers, brands, models that work well with this record player?"

Wow. I don't even know where to begin...

Not CL, but I was amused by this posting over on Vinyl Engine:

"Hi, so my friend's dad gave me his old JVC QL A2 and it needs speakers. I have never had to purchase speakers before, all I know is there is a cord with a red end and a white end which I think plugs into them? Can anyone help me with types of speakers, brands, models that work well with this record player?"

Wow. I don't even know where to begin...

Oh, the humanity. These kids today!

Ever notice how people are starting sentences with "So..." unnecessarily? Yesterday I heard it on a news broadcast - the anchor asked the remote reporter a question, and the answer came back, "So what happened today is that..." Make it stop. :no:

Ever notice how people are starting sentences with "So..." unnecessarily? Yesterday I heard it on a news broadcast - the anchor asked the remote reporter a question, and the answer came back, "So what happened today is that..." Make it stop. :no:

On my "What is YOUR pet peeve" thread, I believe I mentioned that very thing, Tox.

It is endemic now. Lazy ass public speech.

Ha! I knew I saw that somewhere but couldn't remember where. So of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :tongue:

Hmm, I have I noticed that I've been doing that very thing. Not sure when I started doing it and why. I think it's something I've picked up recently from somewhere.
So, I think I'm going make an effort to stop. :)

Free food a lot of canned goods a lot is past expiration but should still should be good. Good for stocking up as we were but no longer have storage.

Who does this? Oh, well, I guess now I know. This is worse than grandma telling you go ahead and eat that, we're throwing it away anyhow.

Ha! I knew I saw that somewhere but couldn't remember where. So of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :tongue:

I feel ya!

Hmm, I have I noticed that I've been doing that very thing. Not sure when I started doing it and why. I think it's something I've picked up recently from somewhere.
So, I think I'm going make an effort to stop. :)

I noticed it just this morning on NPR with an interview. Paul Ryan did it.
An odd trend that gets my goat, worse than vocal fry, which is a close second.

"So" is shorthand for "and, so---", or "as a result of---" or "because of---" following a set-up statement, either by themselves or responding to another previous statement.
I E; I read this posting and it made me think about the usage of the word in question as an opening.
So I thought to respond with my own posting.
"So(?)" can also be short for "And, so?" as a query for more follow-up to a statement.

Otoh, the ubiquitous use of "like" as a frequent/constant gratuitous interjection is really annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The A-tracks are just coming out of the woodwork these days, and this one will play vinyl, or vinily that is.

Also, a console is also known as a dresser. :scratch2:

"a-track n vinily dresser still works - $80"
attachment.php

Attachments

• Vanily.jpg
    Vanily.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom