Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

adu7egup.jpg

The desk was made by Dillingham. It's too bad the previous owner put in the keyboard drawer, as they sell for $450-1300 unaltered. I may have to make a veneered dummy panel that covers the keyboard opening and hinges down to open. It would be faithful to the original design, and still keep the keyboard drawer.

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of Polk Audio LS 70 yesterday. Love the glossy rosewood finish
(but its probably vinyl though).
The speakers are not without flaws. There is a strip of black vinyl that goes around the front of the speakers. It is peeling, which is a common problem apparently.

Also picked up a TOTL early 90s yamaha receiver RX-V1070. not sure what i am gonna do with it yet. it weights a ton and works fine. but it looks very plain and boring

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 57
Yamaha HTR-5130 Surround Sound Home Theater Amplifier Stereo Receiver

Nothing too special but I should be able to flip it for a few bucks. Only paid $5 for it and it works and sounds great. I was surprised to see that it had a phono input. Also picked up an old Sony Walkman for a quarter. These things sell like hot cakes on that auction web site

Attachments

• Yamaha HTR-5130 Receiver (1).jpg
    Yamaha HTR-5130 Receiver (1).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Yamaha HTR-5130 Receiver (3).jpg
    Yamaha HTR-5130 Receiver (3).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 40
  • Sony Walkman WM-FX195 (1).jpg
    Sony Walkman WM-FX195 (1).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 44
Not bragging or anything but here's my flea market find this morning.

Mike

Attachments

• dollars.jpg
    dollars.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 205
Picked up a pair of Polk Audio LS 70 yesterday. Love the glossy rosewood finish
(but its probably vinyl though).
The speakers are not without flaws. There is a strip of black vinyl that goes around the front of the speakers. It is peeling, which is a common problem apparently.

I used to have a pair of these too. Same rosewood veneer, same lifting vinyl on the edges. I loved mine and would like to get another pair one day. Hope you enjoy them.

I used to have a pair of these too. Same rosewood veneer, same lifting vinyl on the edges. I loved mine and would like to get another pair one day. Hope you enjoy them.

Great speakers, really enjoying them right now.
i have my JVC JR-S410 hooked up to them

Picked up a free pair of ADS L300's on Saturday, They need to be refoamed but otherwise they're in great shape. They had a $5.00 price tag on them but I guess there were no takers
On Sunday I found a free pair of their little cousin A pair of Mimimus 7's, The grills are a little beat up but they sound great. This is my first pair of these and I'm very impressed.

P8170302.jpg~original

Picked up a free pair of ADS L300's on Saturday, They need to be refoamed but otherwise they're in great shape. They had a $5.00 price tag on them but I guess there were no takers
On Sunday I found a free pair of their little cousin A pair of Mimimus 7's, The grills are a little beat up but they sound great. This is my first pair of these and I'm very impressed.

P8170302.jpg~original

Those L300's would be the earliest as they switched to rubber surrounds in later versions. Still, once properly refoamed, they sure sound nice. Congrats!

I recognize just about everyon in the images on the TVs...

Color TVs:
___?____ (woman w/ Beaded headband looks familar but certainly not Cher or Buffy St Marie)
_Fishing show guys_ (Figure the shot may be from American Sportsman w/ Curt Gowdy, or Gadabout Giddis, that's all I can think of for the time period.)
Jean Claude Killy (Skier)

B&W TVs:
Bob Dylan
Barbra Streisand
Bill Cosby

B&W Portable:
Theda Bara (in the funky headwear)

How cool is that. Anyone know the unidentified woman?

It probably isn't but she sure has a resemblance to Hyapatia Lee.

Those L300's would be the earliest as they switched to rubber surrounds in later versions. Still, once properly refoamed, they sure sound nice. Congrats!

Thanks, I wanted to change to rubber surrounds but couldn't find a proper set so I went with foam. I thought about sending them to Richard So and still may if they need more than the surrounds replaced.
They also came in the original box.

Last edited:
Our church was amidst it's annual rummage sale, and today was free day(donations accepted). So I grabbed this:

picture.php

:banana:
Luxman compact disc changer DC 113. Didn't come with changer cart, but has single disc tray below it. Also had digital out so I can use my DAC. Haven't tested it yet.

Didnt find much this weekend, just a few sealed cassettes and a rare 3 stooges 45 record.

DSCF3449.jpg

DSCF3450.jpg

DSCF3451.jpg

DSCF3452.jpg

DSCF3453.jpg

Didnt find much this weekend, just a few sealed cassettes and a rare 3 stooges 45 record.

Curley Shuffle came out in the early 80's, Jump n the saddle & the Knuckle heads ( a Canadian outfit) both released their versions about the same time.

Kenwood KA-6000

Scored a clean 1969 Kenwood KA-6000 integrated amplifier with wood side panels today at a local garage sale for $20. It has all engraved/incuse lettering and very cool blue light indicators. Vintage Hi-Fi calls it "The pick of the Trio-Kenwood amplifiers, very advanced for it's age & way ahead in build quality & weight of most other Trios & very musical & open." I look forward to enjoying this well built 25 pound silver-faced beauty.

Attachments

• Kenwood KA-6000.jpg
    Kenwood KA-6000.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 127
Gwhitney, I'd have that looked at, perhaps recap the power supply, and man, you have a beast on your hands. Should sound great, fantastic score.

Here's what I found today (August 23) 2014

1. Vintage unopened automotive cans - $4.00
2. Sheila E Single - FREE
3. Vintage Zrnith Space command remote - $5.00

DSCF3464.jpg

DSCF3465.jpg

DSCF3466.jpg

DSCF3455.jpg

DSCF3456.jpg

DSCF3457.jpg

DSCF3458.jpg

DSCF3459.jpg