Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Passed on a pair of bull nose large advents at the recyclers today. One of the cabs was totally sun bleached, a tweeter had a dimple, and the woofers needed to be re-foamed.....that was strike three. :D

Ok, these Dynacos. I don't even.
I'm done looking for bookshelf speakers. For good. (Until I start making some actual $$ and can afford $1000 sets of course...)
I love how unique the sound is. Amazing mids and bass. Treble is great too and rolls off in the extreme highs in a way that makes the speakers sound insanely smooth. Sure they may not be the final word on quality but they do everything right for the music I listen to (prog, jazz, fusion). Not bad for $30...

Dammit.

I keep hearing how wonderful Dynaco A-25's are, and I've never even SEEN one in person. Seems Ky is a parched desert for Dynacos.

Anyway, very happy you like them. I know people here rave about them, and they're on my radar for many years now.

Dammit.

I keep hearing how wonderful Dynaco A-25's are, and I've never even SEEN one in person. Seems Ky is a parched desert for Dynacos.

Anyway, very happy you like them. I know people here rave about them, and they're on my radar for many years now.

Wanna pay shipping on a pair of Peerless A25s?
Try PMing me, my box may be full.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Passed on a pair of bull nose large advents at the recyclers today. One of the cabs was totally sun bleached, a tweeter had a dimple, and the woofers needed to be re-foamed.....that was strike three. :D

Too bad, they'd been perfect for e-waving.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Marantz 2265 that just needed a good cleaning. $5.00
Dual 1009f: Needed headshell adjustment: $10.00
McIntosh XR5's. Perfect. $20.00

My best finds were:
Knight KN815 triaxials (Goodmans) built into gigantic homemade cabinets for $10.00
Then, a week later, I found a pair of Lafayette triaxials (Goodmans) for $70.00

Carver MX-130 receiver: $5.00
Bose 301 series IV: 10.00

I recently got a few good ones. Tannoy gold 15" in a lancaster cabinet for $15, but got just 1. Pio CS99A's pair for $20.

A Bunch more ...
Cool.
Srinath.

Sony 5 disc player

At GW , $15 , no remote BUT I have another Sony CD burner and the remote works. Flawless operation , even has optical digital output. A nice and needed piece for one of my systems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 171
Hi .
I got a Cary CD-308 at a thrift store for 12 dollars. =).
I almost drove by the store that day but at the last second, made the decision to go in.
Im glad I did.

I found this today at my local thrift. I was passing through after picking up my daughter from school and felt the need to go inside. I found a Technics SL-1310 for $10 without the needle, but was able to find it at my local Guitar Center. I've uploaded before and after pics and please forgive me for the constant updates...it's my first time joining the forums.

Attachments

• 20140820_171836.jpg
    20140820_171836.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 121
  • 20140820_215617.jpg
    20140820_215617.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
e8668cfce5871a48376287cb3fc70e79.jpg

I stopped by GW store today and found this sony cd player cdp-cx230, megastorage 200cd. Paid $16.99. Cleaned and played with my st70. No issue at all. I think it is not bad score. [emoji4]

I found this today at my local thrift. I was passing through after picking up my daughter from school and felt the need to go inside. I found a Technics SL-1310 for $10 without the needle, but was able to find it at my local Guitar Center. I've uploaded before and after pics and please forgive me for the constant updates...it's my first time joining the forums.

It doesn't get much better than that for $10! :thmbsp:

Nice one, and welcome to AK! :D

Acoustic research ar 3

Sunday the 13 april 2014 i also found a AR 3 pair of speaker for $10
the pair!!! I remember the date cause it was one day before i start
my new very good work. Same if they get sold on ebay for an average
of $1500 Us i decide to keep them because they sound like no other
speaker and still have it. I build my system around. With a CM LABS 912
completly rebuild and a Meridian 565 as pream and dac. Well just amazing...

This is the kind of find where you will forget all the days you return form
thrift store with nothing... Also found recently a Digidesign 1622dac @
$12.50 who really surprise me with is sound quality. This unit was $1595 us
in 1999. He stay on the store for several day because nobody know what
it was.I search the web and when i realize it original price and it was
a dac i jump on it the next time surprise that no one has buy it...:boring:

No-Value Village has pairs of not near mint Kenwood SP-3500 and Pioneer CS-99A for $329 and $429, put out last week. A pair of JBL L112's with bad tweeters yesterday for $429. :thumbsdn:

These are still available, if anyone is interested. :sigh:

Very Nice!

And welcome to AudioKarma!

That is a fine table. I found a Technics SL-1301 awhile back (now owned by AK'er PhoenixFall) at a yard sale, and really liked it, similar build. Would have kept it, but I have too much stuff. It is being enjoyed now by PhoenixFall instead of hoarded by moi.

Great score, and welcome to AK!

McIntosh in the wild

I picked up a marantz 8b and a mcintosh c22 for 10 bucks at an estate sale. ($5 ea) Once in a lifetime, I am sure.

I agree, I have been buying, selling, collecting for years. You name it, I'll shop there. Estate, Garage, Thrift, Outlet, Storage Auction, Flea Market, Etc. I have come across one single piece of McIntosh equipment in a thrift many years ago, before stores did debit regularly. Went to the bank for cash, less then one half hour, came back it was gone.

Back
Top Bottom