Dcm timewindow squared

thymanst

Minnesota morning
Had another thread about seeing some timewindows squared speakers in a local shop - I was in there today and the shop owner offered to sell them to me - but he wanted me to make the offer - whats a good number on these speakers? There are pics in the other thread....

The only time I have even seen a pair for sale was on that auction site about a year or so ago.

If I remember correctly, they went a little north of $1200 for the pair. Can't seem to find them in "completed sales" right now using my smart phone - maybe on a real computer I could.

According to Blue Shadow (one of the DCM gurus around here), TW^2 were produced from 1982-84 and sold for $2,197/pr. Guessing by known serial numbers, probably < 500 pairs were manufactured.

These have one of the head grills that is lightened from the sun - I know they are all tech checked ( the shop owner is a old school tube/ repair guy ) I keep thinking $850 as a starting point -

Be interested in how this progresses and pix if you get. I may have gotten a better deal than I thought...

I don't like making flat out offers without a starting point. I would make him start.

Have to agree with the above, since you have a good relationship with the
owner simply tell him to give you a starting price point due to the lack of
information on value.

I am sure you two will come to an agreement.

They are in the shop now- I took a couple of pictures - still not ready to make offer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 74
Ok , the store has the timewindows squared back in and they are selling them - they have $700 on them - I just bought some other speakers so I'm not going to buy them - anyone want to inquire?

I dunno - if they really intrigue you -
make an offer of $500 and see what he counters with ...
You've got to start somewhere ...

Back
Top Bottom