What I learned on Craigslist

In today's second lesson, I've learned that lean times on CL lead people to ask for ridiculous amounts of cash for items of little value.

Case in point:

"Great little stereo 5 CD changer with MP3 capability, and 2 cassette players, the sub is amazing and speakers work fantastic, bought for $750 asking for $500 obo."

00V0V_i4v6Pk05235_600x450.jpg

https://wyoming.craigslist.org/ele/5033615737.html

not mine, no affiliation

In today's second lesson, I've learned that lean times on CL lead people to ask for ridiculous amounts of cash for items of little value.

Case in point:

"Great little stereo 5 CD changer with MP3 capability, and 2 cassette players, the sub is amazing and speakers work fantastic, bought for $750 asking for $500 obo."

00V0V_i4v6Pk05235_600x450.jpg

https://wyoming.craigslist.org/ele/5033615737.html

not mine, no affiliation
now now ,lets not be too hasty here the poster just forgot the decimal after the first number.:scratch2::scratch2:

Pelvis Pevley? I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything. Hilarious!
And the decimal? Well, at least he can spell.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/53252-Panasonic-SA-AK320-Stereo-system

Put the model number in. Couldn't find a retail price, but in 2005 somebody was trying to sell theirs for $120 when it was a year old. Safe to say it was never anywhere in the $750 range. LOL

Where did he bring it from?
He says he "brought" it six months ago. Probably brought it home from the swap meet parking lot out of the back of a white short bus [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like if I didn't know already that CL has it's own share of ignorant and delusional people... Here is one more:

Technics SL-1210M5G Quartz Direct Drive TT - $2500 (Somers)

I have a Technics SL-1210M5G Quartz Direct Drive TT for sale. It has never been used. The cartridge, tonearm, and needle are in brand new condition. This turntable has been sitting in my basement for almost 10 years. Everything is in perfect working order. All it needs is possible cleaning on the power cords or new power cords. Power cords work pefectly fine, but they are a little dusty from being in a basement for so long. Asking $2500

Besides ridiculous price he can't even wipe the dust and make a picture or two???
Yikes!

Like if I didn't know already that CL has it's own share of ignorant and delusional people... Here is one more:

Technics SL-1210M5G Quartz Direct Drive TT - $2500 (Somers)

I have a Technics SL-1210M5G Quartz Direct Drive TT for sale. It has never been used. The cartridge, tonearm, and needle are in brand new condition. This turntable has been sitting in my basement for almost 10 years. Everything is in perfect working order. All it needs is possible cleaning on the power cords or new power cords. Power cords work pefectly fine, but they are a little dusty from being in a basement for so long. Asking $2500

Besides ridiculous price he can't even wipe the dust and make a picture or two???
Yikes!

I think it's part of some branches of flipper culture than you never clean anything nohow. Probably a combination of the 'antique' market norm that you can destroy the value of a thing by removing the original finish/age patina, and laziness.

As for the $2500, there's a potential customer born every minute.

Oh come now. Two rather nice pics, no misspelled words or anything ... heck, he's showing super-competence compared to most ads that make this topic. He's not a mouth breather just because he didn't post a bunch of details, he's just not an audio hobbiest. Most people aren't. Go ahead and text him and ask for model numbers.

it's fixed

oh you've seen it since the picture was fixed. there was only one postage stamp sized picture until recently... now I look like the a-hole.

The background looks rather nice in comparison to a lot of Craigslist ad photos. No dirt, dust, funny stains, holes in the wall or unmentionable objects strewn about. Looks almost too good to be a Craigslist photo.

Back
Top Bottom