Sony TA-E2000ES preamp $125.00

dpg3

I'm thinking of buying a SonyTA-E2000ES preamp for $125.00, that I'll be using with my Sansui AU-4900 amp. I want to take advantage of the preamp's remote with volume control, as the Sansui doesn't have one. I was thinking of buying a new amp but I really love my Sansui amp and this would be a way of keeping it.
I've read some mixed reviews on the Sony, a few people saying it runs hot but an external fan solved that. I'm a little concerned that it's a surround sound and I prefer two channel, as I'm only using it to listen to music, primarily vinyl and off my computer.
It's a local buy, so shipping wouldn't be an issue.
So I'm just wondering if this is a good deal and a good sounding preamp?
I'll be running Advent 5002s and Dynaco A-250 speakers with it but not at the same time.

Attachments

• 1306658492.jpg
    1306658492.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 115
That's a good price, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't have any problem selling it for the same price or a little higher.

I had one for a number of years, and loved it; if it had had multichannel inputs I'd still be using it. It had the best sound space processing that I've ever used, so I could take a soundboard recorded tape and an audience tape of the same performance, and dial in the sound space to get a setting that matched the sound of the venue, and then save it in one of the ten memories. You can adjust your position in the acoustic space forward and back, or side to side; you can move the back wall of the stage closer to the performers (early reflection time), and increase its absorption. Lots of inputs (but no hi-def input switching of video). Decent phono section, although no MC input.

I had one for a number of years, and loved it; if it had had multichannel inputs I'd still be using it. It had the best sound space processing that I've ever used, so I could take a soundboard recorded tape and an audience tape of the same performance, and dial in the sound space to get a setting that matched the sound of the venue, and then save it in one of the ten memories. You can adjust your position in the acoustic space forward and back, or side to side; you can move the back wall of the stage closer to the performers (early reflection time), and increase its absorption. Lots of inputs (but no hi-def input switching of video). Decent phono section, although no MC input.

I think I am going to buy it, it's a good fit for what I want to do, which is to keep my Sansui AU-4900 amp and still have some additional functionality!!!
Thanks so much for your input I appreciate it!!!

Check ebay sold listings. 125 is a little high but if you include shipping, that is about right. For that price, you should get the original remote. Most Sony AV remotes will work the 2000.

Check ebay sold listings. 125 is a little high but if you include shipping, that is about right. For that price, you should get the original remote. Most Sony AV remotes will work the 2000.

Just told the seller I'll buy it. Pre amps by themselves, with a remote are very hard to come by. I know the seller and he always has good components!!

Well, it is still a nice sounding preamp. I used mine for two channel. I would have kept it if it had MC.

Thanks for the feedback, I`ve decided to buy it!!

I know you have already committed to your seller and I cannot under-estimate the value of one's word but...the STR-GX10ES receiver is not that much more money and it is a joy to own. You could probably sell your Sansui and with the 125 for the 2000, get one.

I know you have already committed to your seller and I cannot under-estimate the value of one's word but...the STR-GX10ES receiver is not that much more money and it is a joy to own. You could probably sell your Sansui and with the 125 for the 2000, get one.

Thanks for the info!!

I have the Sony preamp in my possession and it looks totally amazing. The original remote looks spectacular, can't wait to try it out. I'm setting it up in a few minutes!!! Gonna look great with my Sansui AU-4900 amp!!!!
Thanks again everyone for their opinions, definitely helped in my decision to buy it!!!!!

I cannot under-estimate the value of one's word

SoCalSam - With you approaching 15,000 posts I have read quite a few of them and value your input on many topics.
But this one irked me. On one hand you indicate knowing the OP has committed to purchase, you indicate the value of a persons word and then the big BUT.... you offer a suggestion to abandon the sale to purchase another item and in essence suggesting to the OP to go back on his word - tsk,tsk,tsk.
First of all in full disclosure, I am the seller and therefore have a certain amount of bias but putting that aside, I take exception to you suggesting that a person should go back on his word. Aren't we all about Karma?
What you did know prior to your post was - the OP really liked the amp that he had and was having difficulty finding a pre with a remote that he could match it with. He indicated he knew the seller and that the seller usually had very good components and that he committed the purchase to the seller (me).
What you didn't know was that he purchased multiple units from me in the past and was extremely satisfied with his previous purchases. He contacted me twice by email indicating what he was looking for and that he was having a real hard time finding one and if I had anything in my stable that would fit the bill. Also, he doesn't have a vehicle and I always deliver items to him and have even brought him to my place to see gear that I have and give him tips/suggestions on how things work and what to look for and in some instances when things didn't suit him accept returns and let him purchase something else.
I cannot fault you on what you didn't know but what you did know IMHO did not warrant you suggesting to walk and pursue something else.
I am not seeking an apology or anything like that but I am suggesting that in the future before you suggest something similar that you put a bit more thought before you let your fingers do the talking.
Doug, I'm glad that you are once again happy with your purchase and hope that you enjoy it for years to come.

SoCalSam - With you approaching 15,000 posts I have read quite a few of them and value your input on many topics.
But this one irked me. On one hand you indicate knowing the OP has committed to purchase, you indicate the value of a persons word and then the big BUT.... you offer a suggestion to abandon the sale to purchase another item and in essence suggesting to the OP to go back on his word - tsk,tsk,tsk.
First of all in full disclosure, I am the seller and therefore have a certain amount of bias but putting that aside, I take exception to you suggesting that a person should go back on his word. Aren't we all about Karma?
What you did know prior to your post was - the OP really liked the amp that he had and was having difficulty finding a pre with a remote that he could match it with. He indicated he knew the seller and that the seller usually had very good components and that he committed the purchase to the seller (me).
What you didn't know was that he purchased multiple units from me in the past and was extremely satisfied with his previous purchases. He contacted me twice by email indicating what he was looking for and that he was having a real hard time finding one and if I had anything in my stable that would fit the bill. Also, he doesn't have a vehicle and I always deliver items to him and have even brought him to my place to see gear that I have and give him tips/suggestions on how things work and what to look for and in some instances when things didn't suit him accept returns and let him purchase something else.
I cannot fault you on what you didn't know but what you did know IMHO did not warrant you suggesting to walk and pursue something else.
I am not seeking an apology or anything like that but I am suggesting that in the future before you suggest something similar that you put a bit more thought before you let your fingers do the talking.
Doug, I'm glad that you are once again happy with your purchase and hope that you enjoy it for years to come.

I can back up everything the poster is saying here. I have bought multiple items from him and have never been disappointed. His vintage stereo gear is always top notch and the preamp I bought from him is working flawlessly. I think it actually helped the left channel in my Technics turntable to work again, must've had a bad connection on my Sansui amp!! I know I'll buy from him again in the future, with full confidence of a good purchase!!!

The OP asked and I answered. If you are offended by my effort to expand the OP's horizon, then I would have to question how much interest you truly have in the OP getting the best system for his money. Of course, your commercial interest appears to trump all other considerations.

I can back up everything the poster is saying here. I have bought multiple items from him and have never been disappointed. His vintage stereo gear is always top notch and the preamp I bought from him is working flawlessly. I think it actually helped the left channel in my Technics turntable to work again, must've had a bad connection on my Sansui amp!! I know I'll buy from him again in the future, with full confidence of a good purchase!!!

I am glad you are happy with your purchase.

The OP asked and I answered. If you are offended by my effort to expand the OP's horizon, then I would have to question how much interest you truly have in the OP getting the best system for his money. Of course, your commercial interest appears to trump all other considerations.

Never mind. It appears that you just don't get it and you have extreme difficulty admitting that you could possibly be wrong but possess superiority in the art of deflection.

Back
Top Bottom