New Large Advent Cabs

I find lots of NLA's in walnut cabs.....I did come across a picture of what's identified..... and appears to be...... a NLA..... in an oak colored cab. Did they make NLA's in several different wood cabs...ie walnut, oak, maple, etc......?

The NLA's were only walnut but the bullnose of the cabinet is actually birch, the professional woodworker who refinished mine confirmed this.

Way back in the cobwebs of my brain, I seem to recall that the Large Advents might have been briefly offered in oak as an alternative to walnut; it would have been somewhere around '78-'80. But I could be wrong.

The NLA's were only walnut but the bullnose of the cabinet is actually birch, the professional woodworker who refinished mine confirmed this.

I am refinishing a set and the bullnose trim on my NLA's is definitely (American Black) walnut.

Attachments

• NLA-walnut-nosingr.jpg
    NLA-walnut-nosingr.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 19
I am refinishing a set and the bullnose trim on my NLA's is definitely (American Black) walnut.
Will you be making a post with the refinish? I have a set I'm re-foaming for a friend and the cabinets could use some attention. They physically are fine, no serious damage, scratches, etc. The finish just looks really bland, dull.

Knowing Advent, they probably used Birch when they ran out of walnut and stained the birch to match. Either that or it was a cost-saving measure which Kloss/Advent was well known for too.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom