Time to choose the AK Member of the Year for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Ladies and Gentlemen, another year has come to a close, but there is one piece of unfinished business which remains. It is time for us to select the Audiokarma Member Of The Year, for 2014.

This member should represent the very best of what AK has grown to become.....it could be a good friend, someone who has helped the membership to a great degree, someone who made you laugh, or just someone who you really feel is an unsung hero. I can't speak for others, but, having been named Member of the Year, in 2005, along side the legendary EchoWars, I have to say that I am touched by this honour. The plaque hangs in my office, where I can see it.

Roster of past Members of the Year:

2003 EchoWars
2004 EchoWars
2005 EchoWars and luvvinvinyl
2006 merrylander
2007 jaymanaa
2008 markthefixer
2009 fotno
2010 Zilch
2011 Fisherdude
2012 JohnVF and Rome
2013 Buglegirl

You can cast your vote for the member of your choice as AK Member of the Year, by sending an email to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org, with MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2014 as the subject. Please include your AK username, the name of the person for whom you are voting, and, if you like, a few words about why you chose as you did. Any member in good standing may vote. I will tally up the votes, and the person receiving the most votes will be declared the winner. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, February 9th, 2015.

Please exclude Admins from the selection process. Any other member, in good standing, including all the Moderation staff, is eligible to win.

Speaking from personal experience, this is a very important part of Audiokarma, and for those so honoured. Please participate in this process. Email me your vote to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org. Thanks.

p.s. A couple of words of clarification, based on conversation from past elections. This process is your vote. Send in the name of the person you feel most deserves this honour, and it will be counted, along with all the others. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner.

Second, PLEASE email your vote. luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org is the address to use, even if you have another one for me.

Thanks, and remember, VOTE EARLY, but just ONCE.

That's always been true. It SHOULD take some thinking.

Thank you for understanding the importance of this exercise. :thmbsp:

You know, I often wonder why this isn't more work than it is. I would think that anybody who reads here, in any quantity, would have an opinion about someone whom they think would qualify as Member of the Year.

I don't even ask for justification, just a sincere choice of a name. One would think that I should have to count thousands of emails, well, several hundred, anyway. Sadly, I do not.

If you think your vote doesn't count, remember this:

There have been TWO TIES! Often, the margin of victory is just one vote.

Let me repeat that: The margin of victory is often just ONE VOTE!

One year, the last vote submitted broke a 5-way tie, and determined the winner.

Still think your "one vote" doesn't amount to a hill of beans? Think again.

Send me your vote.

Hiya,

And so concludes my Reign of Terror and Amusing Moments ..

Can we just dispense with the pleasantry's and can I be like that North Korean dude and anyone who votes against me is .. well ..

Seriously it was a great honor to be voted as such and I still need to pinch myself to believe its real a year later.

I know who I am casting my vote for as that thought process started right after last years vote.

Frannie

And my vote is in! :D

Yea, I too have to reflect on being a past MOTY co-winner. Just don't know what to say, but thanks to those who voted & put up with me! :D

The AK community is just the Greatest!

Rome

There were many, many worthy candidates- but one that just excelled a bit beyond the others, all things considered. Vote cast.

Regards,
Gordon.

Can we vote for members that were banned? I want to vote for Indianapolis's favorite banned user and local craigslist pest "Monster Receiver Guy".

;)

Just kidding..my vote is submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom