Jbl 4343

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiecee

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a pair of 4343 Studio Monitors in great shape for both sound and woodwork. Any thought on the market for this pair?

I have a pair of 4343 Studio Monitors in great shape for both sound and woodwork. Any thought on the market for this pair?

I'm not a member of the "Forum Police" but value questions are generally asked on the Dollars and Sense thread. That said, depending on condition and originality, they can bring a high price and are very desirable. A lot depends on your location taking into account the expense of shipping if necessary. Great speakers, congrats!:thmbsp:

You do not show a "Location" on your user specs - since shipping those puppies can be a great hassle for the buyer, price can vary a lot depending on where you are, and what your local market is like.

Original 10 drivers or rebuilt/replaced?
Original 15s or replacements?
Rebuilt crossovers (the original caps are getting older)?

When they are set up right, they can be a really nice set of studio monitors!

Good luck with your sale.

Apologies guys if I violated any rules but was not necessarily looking for a price rather overall sentiment on this model. I have been hearing that they are desirable as well. Unfortunately they are located in Florida and I am in NY. So yes, this could be very expensive but still worth it. I need to evaluate.

Thanks!

Thanks james. I have to bet that everything is probably original. Also, I spoke with someone at JBL Pro and he mentioned that Japanese buyers are really looking out for this particular model.

Thanks james. I have to bet that everything is probably original. Also, I spoke with someone at JBL Pro and he mentioned that Japanese buyers are really looking out for this particular model.
I bought a pair of 4341s about 8 years ago. (the model just before the 4343s). I am in VA just below DC -
drove to a recording studio in PA for my pair, listened to them and liked the sound.
Paid the price, hauled them home and enjoyed them for 7 years ...
I did do some repairs and updates - some of the "original" parts weren't and I restored what I could.
Sold them in Summer of 2013 when the market was at a good point.
When I sold them the cabinets and drivers were perfect.
They (still) did not have grills and needed a crossover rebuild.

4343s have slightly larger cabinets but pretty much the same drivers - should be a fun listen.

-= )-(eather =-

Last edited:

http://jbl43.com/?mode=cate&cbid=91717&csid=0&page=2

Around $5000 for fully restored ones from the most reputable JBL dealer in Japan. Japanese buyers are very picky about the condition and authenticity, so it might be very hard to sell yours for that price, though. $2000-3000 at Japanese online auction, I guess. Check aucfan site.

Last edited:

Let me know where they are in Florida and I'll go pick them up for you.

Of course they may only get as far as Virginia . . . :thmbsp:

Let me say that I've shipped one, and only one, thing to Japan... Never again. The transaction went well and all but I felt extremely guilty. What happens when everything is in Japan? We have nothing left to enjoy here. I recommend against selling anything overseas...

Let me say that I've shipped one, and only one, thing to Japan... Never again. The transaction went well and all but I felt extremely guilty. What happens when everything is in Japan? We have nothing left to enjoy here. I recommend against selling anything overseas...

Yeah,better to sell it to someone here.
Who will then turn around and sell it to someone overseas.
When someone lists an item on eBay everyone as a chance to bid / buy that item. ( Depending on how its listed )
Overseas buyers are often willing to pay considerably more for a particular item than stateside buyers and pay shipping fees on top of that.
I picked up some tar filled Altec horns a couple of years ago.
The most anyone here offered me was $125.00 for a single to complete their pair.
I had three so I sold them one.
The pair went to Hong Kong,the buyer paid over $700.00 for them and almost that much to have them shipped. . :smoke:

I'm a believe that things should go to people and places that will appreciate them. If that's here or overseas, it's home is anyplace that it will be loved and respected.

Why the assumption that the OP is interested in flipping? Seems like he owns them and is trying to figure out if they're worth shipping from Florida to NY.

Am I missing something? I never buy anything with the intention of selling it but rather just like to make sure I'm not paying so much that I can never get out of it without a huge loss should it not work for me. Seems like this may be the question the OP is asking.

Why the assumption that the OP is interested in flipping? Seems like he owns them and is trying to figure out if they're worth shipping from Florida to NY...

I think the initial post was ambiguous enough that people could make that assumption. However, you are correct that people have plenty of reasons to sk value-based questions.

I think the initial post was ambiguous enough that people could make that assumption. However, you are correct that people have plenty of reasons to ask value-based questions.

This thread should clear up some of the ambiguity by showing that the OP isn't sure what he's doing. Looks like leaning more toward the flip since he's started two threads looking for high-end dealers to sell for him on consignment versus one about someone to ship them!
:dunno:

Consignment will take forever, and cost him probably 50% of their purchase price. Anyone know any "high-end" dealers that offer consignment service where they actually put an effort into selling your stuff? Or is it just a way to sell you something by telling you they'll help you sell your old stuff . . . and then just sit them in a corner until you forget about them or dump them for pennies on the dollar?

Richiecee should just offer them at a fair price to the JBL nuts over on Lansing Heritage and let someone else worry about shipping and re-furbishing. Or put them on Ebay, pay the fees, deal with the deadbeats, and hope the payment doesn't get jerked back once the "buyer" receives them and starts his complaint cycle.

Anyone who really understood the 4343 wouldn't be deterred by the short distance between NY and Miami.

Last edited:
This thread should clear up some of the ambiguity by showing that the OP isn't sure what he's doing. Looks like leaning more toward the flip since he's started two threads looking for high-end dealers to sell for him on consignment versus one about someone to ship them!
:dunno:

Consignment will take forever, and cost him probably 50% of their purchase price. Anyone know any "high-end" dealers that offer consignment service where they actually put an effort into selling your stuff? Or is it just a way to sell you something by telling you they'll help you sell your old stuff . . . and then just sit them in a corner until you forget about them or dump them for pennies on the dollar?

Richiecee should just offer them at a fair price to the JBL nuts over on Lansing Heritage and let someone else worry about shipping and re-furbishing. Or put them on Ebay, pay the fees, deal with the deadbeats, and hope the payment doesn't get jerked back once the "buyer" receives them and starts his complaint cycle.

Anyone who really understood the 4343 wouldn't be deterred by the short distance between NY and Miami.

Yep, he has announced that he is looking for someone to sell them in that thread. He needs to buy a membership or move on. That is a clear offer to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom