Old audio magazine archive website

Freds.Bands

Live Music Listener
old (1950s,60s) Stereo Review, High Fidelity, Audio mags are archived there

But I don't have (nor can find) the link. Hoping someone here can post it.

THNX

So, did anyone ever figure out just what in the Hell Edward Tatnall Canby was talking about?

Hi Tom,

That brings back a few memories to be sure. That was a great magazine, but how old was Canby anyhow? I remember that he was just smart as can be and seemed as old as the Earth itself, but I was little more than a punk kid at the time.

Canby1946.jpg

Best Regards,
Terry

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

That brings back a few memories to be sure. That was a great magazine, but how old was Canby anyhow? I remember that he was just smart as can be and seemed as old as the Earth itself, but I was little more than a punk kid at the time.

Canby1946.jpg

Best Regards,
Terry

Maybe was senile; talk about a guy who drifted. I'd try to buckle down and read his columns and I'd zone out within three or four paragraphs.

Well, at least he used paragraphs, unlike modern pellet heads who post huge blocks of text broken up at intervals by the only punctuation mark these lame brains know; the much abused ellipsis.

Maybe was senile; talk about a guy who drifted. I'd try to buckle down and read his columns and I'd zone out within three or four paragraphs.

Well, at least he used paragraphs, unlike modern pellet heads who post huge blocks of text broken up at intervals by the only punctuation mark these lame brains know; the much abused ellipsis.

Pellet Heads? For some reason that really struck my Funny Bone! :yes:

"Just Sayin'... "

Best Regards,
Terry

The AmericanRadioHistory site is amazing. I've spent hours reading the pre-1920 magazines; such a different era. Only two kinds of tubes? Everything given in wavelengths? Such a different era.

Neither of those archived magazine sites have late 1960s and 1970s issues of Stereo Review.
For my near-term needs...
I'm looking for a few pages only. I have to say that I have those magazines in deep cold storage and can access them only as soon as late Spring or later (tons stuff to move out of the way in a storage unit). Specifically I looking for June and July 1970 issues of SR and might be able to define the pages.

Last edited:
Wow....so many memories and so little time.
Many magazines from the past. I would get a mag. and dream about hi-fi day and night. Many mag's. read from cover to cover.
I also passed my social life(none at all) by and was late to mature.
Not only audio. Ham radio did a number but audio kept drawing me in.
Now 73 and it all went by so fast.
My "system" sound now ok made up of lots of rebuilt and repaired stuff. Happy for the memories even if it was only by myself.

Back
Top Bottom