Pics of your listening space

Here's an update on the equipment. The Dual CS-5000 and Thorens TD-125 ll both sit on 30# sand-filled torsion boxes. Then there's the new to me Musical Paradise MP-1 tube phono-pre atop the Denon CDP and Emo USP-1. Below that are the Emo XPA-1L mono blocks and the Sony TAn55ES for the sub.

IMGP4394.JPG

More pics here.

Last edited:
What time do you leave for work and what room is it in? :scratch2:

6am, bedro... errrr nevermind

Here's an update on the equipment. The Dual CS-5000 and Thorens TD-125 ll both sit on 30# sand-filled torsion boxes. Then there's the new to me Musical Paradise MP-1 tube phono-pre atop the Denon CDP and Emo USP-1. Below that are the Emo XPA-1L mono blocks and the Sony TAn55ES for the sub.

IMGP4394.JPG

More pics here.

That must a tough rack, the XPA-1L's are heavy as heck. Nice amps.

Sure, it's a Devialet 120, connected via ethernet to my computer. I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

I was downtown San Francisco after the holidays looking at Integrated amplifiers. I asked to see some alternatives to his McIntosh 7900. He brought me in another room and started to run through what I believe was your Devialet. He had to help with loading up a sale and we had to run but I have to go back and take another look. Believe the company was rather new but the look, features, and sound definitely caught my attention. Reading up on it now.

I recently swapped out the vintage McIntosh combo for a new Rega Elicit-R and some (new to me) B&W N805's. Analog playback on the Rp3 with Exact cart has just come alive - especially since I was having problems with my C28 phono preamp. Meanwhile, the digital setup is Kodi Media Center (previously known as XBMC) running on a PC (hidden in the lower cabinet) through an M-Audio soundcard. I've since added a FLIRC IR receiver and Logitech Harmony 650. I have to admit that this is a VERY enjoyable way to collect and consume music (Mp3 or HD) as well as TV/Movies.

Here are a few shots:

Perfect!

I was downtown San Francisco after the holidays looking at Integrated amplifiers. I asked to see some alternatives to his McIntosh 7900. He brought me in another room and started to run through what I believe was your Devialet. He had to help with loading up a sale and we had to run but I have to go back and take another look. Believe the company was rather new but the look, features, and sound definitely caught my attention. Reading up on it now.

What sold me about the Devialet during my demo was the way it presented extreme resolution in a "wet" kind of way.
I love detail but usually you get "dryness" along with it.
That may not make much sense to you... audiophile adjectives can be silly :music:

What sold me about the Devialet during my demo was the way it presented extreme resolution in a "wet" kind of way.
I love detail but usually you get "dryness" along with it.
That may not make much sense to you... audiophile adjectives can be silly :music:

Very nice piece. Look forward to hearing/seeing it again.

crammed in the bedroom at the moment and need to move the old a/v receiver to the living room - but our entirely "new to us" setup including the new Technics 5270 we picked up for $5!

Attachments

• stereo-junk.jpg
    stereo-junk.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 313
Almost game time

Hey y'all new to AK but not forums.
Pictured is my basement theater/ bar all ready for SB-49
Go Seahawks!
Cheers, Mac

My garage

I posted a while back, but lot of things changed.

Attachments

• IMG_1033[1].jpg
    IMG_1033[1].jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_1035[1].jpg
    IMG_1035[1].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1037[1].jpg
    IMG_1037[1].jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_1038[1].jpg
    IMG_1038[1].jpg