Today's JAZZ playlist

Are the songs listed on the record label? I bet that sounds nice with Cozy Cole on the drums!

No, that's the thing! They don't even list them on the label.

Good band. Recorded on December 16, 1957. It reminds of another date of recordings I posted the other day.

EDIT: Oops! They listed them all on the other side!!

51h-T0J9cjL._SS500_.jpg

The In Crowd -- Remastered CD

The Ramsey Lewis Trio

1965/2007 ARGO Records

Nice, Dennie! :thmbsp: Ramsey is a big favorite of mine!

4dec793509a0ab93869a1110.L.jpg

Dave Grusin and the NY-LA Dream Band -- CD

1990 GRP Records

A Jazz Classic, July 4, 2002
By Kenneth G. Hamilton (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dave Grusin & The NY-LA Dream Band (Audio CD)

This is a "must have" item for the complete jazz collector. I have seen the video version, but do not have a copy. Thus, my question is: when are we going to see a DVD version of this memorable Tokyo concert? Even though I have the audio CD, I would definitely buy a video edition on DVD. GRP, get on it!

Track Listing
1. Shuffle City
2. Count Down
3. Serengeti Walk (Slippin' Out the Back Door)
4. What Matters Most
5. Number 8
6. Three Days of the Condor
7. Summer Sketches '82

-----
Personnel includes: Dave Grusin (acoustic & Fender Rhodes pianos, synthesizer); George Young (soprano, alto & tenor saxophones, piccolo, flute); Tiger Okoshi (trumpet, flugelhorn); Don Gruisin (electric & Fender Rhodes pianos, Clavinet, synthesizer); Lee Ritenhour (acoustic & electric guitars; Eric Gale (electric guitar); Anthony Jackson (contrabass guitar, electric bass); Steve Gadd (drums); Rubens Bassini (percussion); The Dream Orchestra, THe NHK Strings, The Tokyo Brass Ensemble.
Recorded live at the Budokan, Tokyo, Japan.

R-5707153-1400492886-4373.jpeg.jpg

With Hawkins and Allen and:

J.C. Higginbotham - trombone
Sol Yaged - clarinet
Lou Stein - piano
Milt Hinton - bass
Cozy Cole - drums

The album doesn't even list the tunes. The first song I heard was a blues, and am now listening to "Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home".

Nice, I have volume two. Nines and I have a couple of these.

564471a88da0d8e6d6f4d110.L.jpg

Keep This Love Alive -- CD

Tom Scott

1991 GRP Records (Import - Austria)

Incredible Music August 15, 2005
By M. Pentico
Format:Audio CD

I absolutley love this CD, as a matter of fact I am listening to it right now. The first 5 tracks are killer, with three vocal tracks including two with Bill Champlin (awesome voice). They more than make up for the remainder of the CD which does drag a little, but the sounds are still good carried by Only a Heartbeat away. The jazz is good and Tom Scott is a great sax player. I bought this on tape right when it came out and was really glad when I could get it on CD. This is not to be missed whether you are a jazz sax fan or a Bill Champlin fan. Great collection to any CD collection.

Track Listing
1. If You're Not the One for Me
2. Miz Thang
3. Keep This Love Alive
4. Kilimanjaro
5. Reason for the Rain
6. Givin' Our Best
7. Only a Heartbeat Away
8. You Mean Everything (To Me)
9. Whenever You Dream of Me

ba7f419328a08e8ba12dd110.L.jpg

Jimmy & Wes - The Dynamic Duo -- Remastered 20-bit CD

Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery

1966/1997 Verve Master Edition

The ultradynamic duo!, July 16, 2000
By Jeffrey Harris (South San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jimmy & Wes: Dynamic Duo (Audio CD)

It's amazing what can happen when you put two master musicians like Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery in the same room, as this classic album documents. Supported by players like drummer Grady Tate, Clark Terry, and Ray Barretto, and arranger Oliver Nelson, Jimmy & Wes go to town on "The Dynamic Duo". "James & Wes", "Night Train", and the cool spin they put on "Baby, It's Cold Outside" make this album a joy to listen again and again. The alternate take of "Road Song" at the end is the cream on the cake, and in my opinion is even better than the originally issued take. One of the first releases in Verve's excellent Master Edition series, the packaging and remastered sound make this the definitive issue of this jazz classic and one of my all time favorites.

"Down by the Riverside" (Traditional) - 10:02
"Night Train" (Jimmy Forrest, Lewis Simpkins, Oscar Washington) - 6:48
"James and Wes" (Jimmy Smith) - 8:13
"13 (Death March)" (Gary McFarland) - 5:22
"Baby, It's Cold Outside" (Frank Loesser) - 6:05
"O.G.D. (aka Road Song)" (Wes Montgomery) - 5:13

Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton Play The Blues-Live from Lincoln Centre

Attachments

• wynton.jpg
    wynton.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2
Back