"good and bad" auction NY

What a weird listing! Items 46 and 51: Obsolete Electronics, Dolby noise reduction units, microcassette player recorders, boxes of wire, boxes of parts, Nakamichi cassette deck, turntables, 8-track tapes, print-o-matic printer, audio equipment, horn loudspeakers, tube radio and more., reel to reel, large box of wires, digital scale, DVD recorder, equalizer, speakers,... Can be anything.

Might be a gamble if the lots go for a low price and if you have the space to store it all. Or go in with friends and split the lot.

I noticed there a bunch of record price guides which would lead me to believe that the records have already been picked over. The price guides are probably the most interesting thing to me.

Another red flag... If you notice of all the items shown audio wise the only thing they point out is a nakamichi cassette deck. They know enough to point that out which tells me the rest is likely junk, while the nak itself if probably not that their best effort otherwise they would of included the model#.

Last edited:
I see what looks like a later model Dual turntable in one photo.

The Nak is a 600. It's the subject of at least one photo. One could actually LOOK at the stuff rather than speculating.

There is an interesting-looking pair of loudspeakers with a foam-surrounded (EV Sentry-style) dome tweeter and either a pair of woofers or a woofer and a passive.

What a strange mix of stuff.

Who ends their auctions in the 1st quarter of Superbowl? The lot with sony integrated and pioneer receiver went for $185 and the one with Nakamihi deck went for 165. Anyone know what he LP lots went for?

Back
Top Bottom