You snooze, you lose....

portnoy

AK Member
.... As seen on CL -- Washington DC. (search criteria - speakers)

Posted: 6 hours ago​

home stereo: Yamaha receiver, Beovox speakers - $140 (garrett park)

description:

Home stereo components in good working order- you can test them out
a. Yamaha receiver tuner CR-400
b. Beovox S45 loudspeakers (Bang & Olafsen- made in Denmark)
c. turntable + dustcover

$140, or best offer

His reply to my email:

Hi- I've sold the turntable by itself, but the ampli/tuner and the 2 speakers are available as a set for $110. If interested, let me know. thanks Roland

My reply:

Bummer, as you probably guessed I was particularly interested in that turntable.

thanks,
Wayne

and now the pics:
p.s.s -- one more pic just for good measure ----

p.s. (edit) here's the link http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/4871749145.html

Attachments

• 00G0G_7tnsVym9GdE_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_7tnsVym9GdE_600x450.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 01212_9G4NqCYg6eH_600x450.jpg
    01212_9G4NqCYg6eH_600x450.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 01414_irTmFHc8PoC_600x450.jpg
    01414_irTmFHc8PoC_600x450.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Presentatthorentsion1.jpg
    Presentatthorentsion1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Holy shites. Is it a 124? What is next to the selector knob? Someone may have gotten it for $30.

That's probably a suction cup / shaft for one of those red dustdragger things on a lightweight arm that rides about 180 degrees across the disc from the headshell.

p.s. -- he's removed the turntable from his ad, by now he's probably got way too many emails about the turntable and it's probably starting to sink in.... I didn't tell him.

Its like you wish you never seen it . Been there a few weeks ago in Michigan another Thoren 124 for 130.00, with in 10 minutes of his post on Cl a guy was at his door ..:sigh:

I hope Roland is not a member. He will not be happy with the tropical vacation he could have financed.

I've been killing time catching up on a pile of music I haven't played yet, and I'm close enough to have been that lucky guy who got it. Serves me right for giving up on DC CL years ago.

I saw the ad for the CR-400 earlier today but I didn't click on it. I do the "turntable" search regularly. I completely missed this one! I just paid $700 for a Thorens 124 with a SME 3009 tone arm. What a kick!

If I had been the turntable buyer, I would have taken it all as it would have been less likely to tip off the seller how far off he was as he fended off the other inquiries.

I saw the ad for the CR-400 earlier today but I didn't click on it. I do the "turntable" search regularly. I completely missed this one! I just paid $700 for a Thorens 124 with a SME 3009 tone arm. What a kick!

You got the one at the "pawn shop". Did you replace the headshell yet? Yeah I would have taken the whole lot for $140 if it had still been there.

Oh well....

There's always next time.

Back
Top Bottom