Yamaha Centennial Edition

Is that a Powervar power conditioner on the floor? I have one of those- best tweek I ever invested in.
Yes, it's a Powervar ABC1600-11. It's on a dedicated 20 amp line. The utility company supplies very stable voltage (spot on 120V) so I don't need a regenerator. I've also got 5kV and 3.5kV Powervars, though I'm not using them at this time.

mark, what are you using the PC5002M for (i noticed it's powered up)? the Delta woofers, since it looks live you've got the servo control?!
I've gone back and forth between bi-amping & single amping the IRS Delta's. At the moment I'm bi-amping using the Epsilon servo unit and Modulus servo unit as active crossovers, with the PC5002M driving the bass and the MX-10000 driving the panels. The preout goes to the Epsilon SU. The low pass output (<150Hz) from the Epsilon SU goes to the PC5002M and the bypass output (full range) goes from the Epsilon SU to the Modulus servo unit. The high pass output (>120Hz) of the Modulus SU goes to the MX-10000. I'm still planning on using the Epsilon SU in it's servo capacity.

Sure

CentennialClose-up3.jpg

Thanks its just beautiful.

Really wonderful ! :thmbsp: The rack as well !

Where did you get this nice heavy duty rack from ?

I'm still struggling to get my DIY rack modified for the oversized MX-10000. (Oversized - what do I say, it's not even a 101M or a PC5002M).

Regarding the Centennial Edition, It's really a pity, that it got so low recognition in the press. And if they were tested somewhere the CX got 80% of the attention and a little hype, the MX got 20% with a "not bad for a Japanese amp" comment and the other three units were only mentioned to be existent.

On a historical background, the things seem to be completely turned upside down:
While the CX and CDX were recognised by some as landmarks of their time they are nowadays more or less "stone age" because of their short lived digital contents, but with the advent of really high quality recordings the MX and the NSX more and more can show their potential to be among the ultimate landmarks in analog audio (which would be not so bad after four decades of "Jap's crap" attitude).

Really wonderful ! :thmbsp: The rack as well !

Where did you get this nice heavy duty rack from ?

I'm still struggling to get my DIY rack modified for the oversized MX-10000. (Oversized - what do I say, it's not even a 101M or a PC5002M).

Regarding the Centennial Edition, It's really a pity, that it got so low recognition in the press. And if they were tested somewhere the CX got 80% of the attention and a little hype, the MX got 20% with a "not bad for a Japanese amp" comment and the other three units were only mentioned to be existent.

On a historical background, the things seem to be completely turned upside down:
While the CX and CDX were recognised by some as landmarks of their time they are nowadays more or less "stone age" because of their short lived digital contents, but with the advent of really high quality recordings the MX and the NSX more and more can show their potential to be among the ultimate landmarks in analog audio (which would be not so bad after four decades of "Jap's crap" attitude).
It's a custom rack that my brother in law built for me. Here's a link to the thread which describes the construction.

As you know, the CX-10000 is not just a DSP preamp. It's also a superb line-level preamp. I am enjoying my stone age CDX-10000 as I type. :D

Congrads on your new amp and pre amp. Yamaha stuff has always been dear to me.when i was 17 i saved up and bought a ca 600. Very clean but not enough power for my mg1s. So i saved and bought a ca 1000. Later on in life i found a b2 and c2. Boy what a difference for my then maggie tympanis. Then i bought a b2x and c2x.pure joy. I then found a b 1. Now your talking. The bass is insane. I think your new amp is a beefed up b2x. This makes it the best of all yamaha amps. Try a tympani 4 or 4a and you will think you have gone to heaven. There is no speaker on the planet any better period. Use and older yamaha cdx 1120 or a sony 707 es cd player. Good luck with your system. I will be selling my b1 soon on ebay.no not 8000 but around 2500.this with a c2 and t2 to make it fun.

Congrads on your new amp and pre amp. Yamaha stuff has always been dear to me.when i was 17 i saved up and bought a ca 600. Very clean but not enough power for my mg1s. So i saved and bought a ca 1000. Later on in life i found a b2 and c2. Boy what a difference for my then maggie tympanis. Then i bought a b2x and c2x.pure joy. I then found a b 1. Now your talking. The bass is insane. I think your new amp is a beefed up b2x. This makes it the best of all yamaha amps. Try a tympani 4 or 4a and you will think you have gone to heaven. There is no speaker on the planet any better period. Use and older yamaha cdx 1120 or a sony 707 es cd player. Good luck with your system. I will be selling my b1 soon on ebay.no not 8000 but around 2500.this with a c2 and t2 to make it fun.
Nice to hear from another Yamaha enthusiast. You have some very nice gear!

Well Mark, I dig this thread up every so often just to look at perfection. to remind myself how dedication to excellence looks.

so I have one question Mark. Have you stopped smiling yet?

Well Mark, I dig this thread up every so often just to look at perfection. to remind myself how dedication to excellence looks.

so I have one question Mark. Have you stopped smiling yet?

I doubt that he can stop smiling at all !

As a happy owner of 'only' a MX-10000 and while being otherwise rather a hardcore SONY fan, I have to confess, that I have also big problems to stop smiling because of my MX. :D:D:D

Mark I wonder if you have heard the newish Yamaha A-S3000 integrated 125th anniversary amp & the CD-S3000 SACD 125th anniversary player - the build looks only 2nd to your wonderful Yamaha gear - I wonder how they would stack up next to your Yamaha 100th anniversary gear?
By the way I recently bought some NS-2000 speakers truely superb. I have heard $30000 speakers & the NS-2000 would give them a run for their money easily. If you can get a pair highly recommend them absolute sonic bargin. I also own the GT-2000 turntable & the NS-2000 are in the same league.

Mark I wonder if you have heard the newish Yamaha A-S3000 integrated 125th anniversary amp & the CD-S3000 SACD 125th anniversary player - the build looks only 2nd to your wonderful Yamaha gear - I wonder how they would stack up next to your Yamaha 100th anniversary gear?
By the way I recently bought some NS-2000 speakers truely superb. I have heard $30000 speakers & the NS-2000 would give them a run for their money easily. If you can get a pair highly recommend them absolute sonic bargin. I also own the GT-2000 turntable & the NS-2000 are in the same league.
I haven't heard the S3000 gear. What I've read about it leads me to believe that it is extraordinary. It's great to see Yamaha producing such fine gear.

Back
Top Bottom