Left channel distortion

palmer67

Left channel distortion G-7000

The left channel sound is distorted and is also reflected with the VU meter showing lower output . I've cleaned the pots and switches . Checked connections inside the unit for any corrosion and found none . Tested both "A" and "B" speaker outputs and switched speakers all while getting the same distortion . Don't see any damage or burn marks on the boards. Whomever owned this before must have had some shoddy work done in other areas so lord only knows what is at fault . I have a number of pictures if needed ...of both the good and the bad ....:scratch2:

Cheers

Last edited:
Cool! Thats a good one. So you say work was done on this unit before? How can you tell? The G-7000 does not really have any suspect transistors in the preamp section, not saying you dont have a bad one in there, but the transistors used in these were good and are not known to be problematic. We need to see if it's the amp section or preamp section first.

Well , Like I mentioned I'm new to all this but It wasn't hard to see a bit of a mess . The complete tuner light assembly was removed and replaced with .... A florescent bulb complete with it's own board protected with a plastic zip lock bag . It was wired to the non switchable power plug. A couple wires have been cut from the FM stereo light and there appears to be some fiddling done on the AUX plugs with wires going now where .....

Ok , so how do we start the troubleshooting ? ;-)

The complete tuner light assembly was removed and replaced with .... A florescent bulb complete with it's own board protected with a plastic zip lock bag . It was wired to the non switchable power plug. A couple wires have been cut from the FM stereo light and there appears to be some fiddling done on the AUX plugs with wires going now where .....

Ok , so how do we start the troubleshooting ? ;-)

LOL, lets see some pictures of this. It is possible that if the front section was taken apart and fiddled with, a ground could have come loose or some such. Lets see what you got to work with and then we will go about seeing if it's in the power amp or preamp.......

WOW! Thats all kinds of strange.........
:screwy:

I would definitly try to get that all back to way it was built. But we need to know where your bad distortion is coming from too. What kind of equipment do you have? Meter? Do you have a scope?

cut that crap out and put it back right first . that lamp and its circuit will cause noise .. not saying that will fix it but at least its a head start .

cut that crap out and put it back right first . that lamp and its circuit will cause noise .. not saying that will fix it but at least its a head start .

Oh , the lamp was the first thing to go . Imagine running this with a zip lock bag hidden it there ? What's that smell ? :confused: ... Sheeesh ..... Now I have this red rogue red wire on the power supply board . I'm starting to feel like a bomb tech ... Do I cut the red wire ? Do I cut the red wire ....LOL....

My board

100_6366-vi.jpg

Pic stolen off the net to compare

220739sansui_g7000_receiver-vi.jpg

need to work out on the schematic where the wire comes and goes to to try and work out why its there ..reverse bodge engineering if you like . or just cut it and see what happens .

Leave that wire. Some units have it and some do not. Depends on the production date.....
I would get the lamp circuit back to factory first before we trouble shoot the distortion. The guys here can help you through the steps.

i have a wire or two like that in my g-6700 and im sure its common across a lot of models.

heck i have one with a 100uf cap on the underside of a board as well! F-3220!

Back
Top Bottom