NCAA Basketball

.....Arkansas vs Texas A&M in under two hours....ESPN at 8 central....I hope Arkansas doesn't go flat and lose by 20 like they did a few games earlier in the season....some extra pressure has been put on Arkansas, in that their remaining games have been changed to a constant diet of ESPN and CBS....I guess that's recognition, but I don't think the Hogs need the extra pressure at this time....conference-wise, Texas A&M is 5-1 on the road, and Arkansas has won 6 straight, and 9 of their last 10....as said earlier, the game tonight is AT Fayetteville....HAWGS smell good.....

Last edited:
.....I was floored with Arkansas' performance tonight....the Razorbacks could do no wrong the first half, and it was good to watch....Portis led the effort with his jump shots, even hit a three, and looked great doing it....Bell hit 4-5 threes himself....freshman Beard hit a couple of threes and some closer stuff that seriously helped the second half effort....Qualls didn't point much, but did some great passing and rebounding....we were ahead twenty-something points at halftime.....

.....then came an onslought of confident scoring by A&M to begin the second half, and Arkansas went flat in their game, missing about every shot, and giving away steals and turnovers....that's the part about Arkansas I don't like....some nights our whole game can go flat as a pancake, with very little clicking.....

.....oh well, last night showed me something....Arkansas swallowed Texas A&M for the first half, then fought them off virtually the whole second half....the Hogs won it by 6.....

Last edited:
Maryland beats No. 5 Wisconsin. Way to go, Terps.

Found myself rooting for the Terps. Nice to see the vaunted, Top 5, Wisconsin go down. Shut down their big man and it is over.

BTW, WVU beat TX after losing to TX by 27 points earlier this season. WVU is peaking at the right time.

'Cuse beating the Heels shows just how deep the ACC is. A few more keys wins and 'Cuse sneaks into the tourney.

Found myself rooting for the Terps. Nice to see the vaunted, Top 5, Wisconsin go down. Shut down their big man and it is over.

BTW, WVU beat TX after losing to TX by 27 points earlier this season. WVU is peaking at the right time.

'Cuse beating the Heels shows just how deep the ACC is. A few more keys wins and 'Cuse sneaks into the tourney.

Good effort, I am not surprised Maryland won at all.

Cuse beat ND, NC State beat the Heels but Cuse is not eligible for post season. If they were, they are in already.

But yeah, the ACC is good, Maryland was a long time ACC team too don't forget.

... but Cuse is not eligible for post season.

But yeah, the ACC is good, Maryland was a long time ACC team too don't forget.

Forgot that about 'Cuse. As a UVa fan, I was disappointed to see MD flee the ACC. Of course, the traffic jams leaving Comcast Center are legendarily atrocious. Leave it to the UMD traffic engineers to screw that one up.

AK march madness 2015

Hey folks! Time is running out to get the AK March Madness pool up and running. Due to the workload I'm under right now, I'm bowing out of moderating this years' brackets. It doesn't really take much time except for the setup, but I find myself getting home from long days and just hitting the hay. Haven't been around much this year at all. I'm sure one of the regular members of the AK bracket will step up and take it from here. I'll be in the bracket, but I just want to let someone else be the admin. Easy to set it up at CBS sports. Hope you all understand.

KC

.....I "won't" be disappointed if Arkansas loses to Kentucky Saturday afternoon....I "will" be disappointed if the Hogs can't keep it close....the neutral-site tournaments cometh.....

I'm excited about the Arkansas game.If we don't bring it better than we did tonite .....beating us at home is still a tall order.

Duke looked vulnerable against VT the other night. Could not cover the dribble. Still - in typical Duke fashion - they won with tremendous talent. Darn them.

Duke looked vulnerable against VT the other night. Could not cover the dribble. Still - in typical Duke fashion - they won with tremendous talent. Darn them.

Though the result was predictable (both for the Dookies and the Hokies), that game bummed me out. That's the third or fourth game that the Hokies let get away from them against ranked opponents (including UVa). :cry:

Though the result was predictable (both for the Dookies and the Hokies), that game bummed me out. That's the third or fourth game that the Hokies let get away from them against ranked opponents (including UVa). :cry:

It was a good game to watch. Take solace, VT played at it's best. That's all you can ask.

i have never seen so many close games as in the ACC this year.

Many tournament deserving teams will not be in from the ACC simply because it's so competitive. In the end, you have to have a winning record in conference or Little No One U will get the bid.

Hopefully the Orange continue upset mode vs Duke tomorrow. Upsetting #9 ND at ND showed just how tough this years team is, even if the post season is unattainable...this team would have made it despite the thoughts of many, including Orange fans.

Hopefully the Orange continue upset mode vs Duke tomorrow. Upsetting #9 ND at ND showed just how tough this years team is, even if the post season is unattainable...this team would have made it despite the thoughts of many, including Orange fans.

That would bring a smile to my face :D

Roger

That would bring a smile to my face :D

Roger

:D haha judging by your location I can see why. I'm not getting my hopes up, I think LeBron would have a hard time winning @ Cameron indoor, but I think Rakeem Christmas has a little unfinished business with Oakafor which hopefully will happen if the refs don't take him out of the game.

.....NEWS FLASH!!!....this evening, the entire Kentucky basketball team came down with a severe case of The Asian Flu....no one over 6' 8" can raise his head from his pillow....trash cans everywhere full of barf....a grizzly scene indeed....stay tuned.....

HEY ..HEY...that was a good one! I've got to make my sojourn to local Philly Cheese Steak dive and get my brew ready for this afternoon showdown...I'm hopin both teams give us a wide open game for the country to enjoy. What is a Razorback anywho?!

Back
Top Bottom