Whats you’re favorite odd ball guitar?

Well, here is my 'oddball' guitar. Kurt Schoen is a builder in my hometown of Walla Walla, Wa. He builds from 'odd' wood like old dynamite boxes...has built for Billy Gibbons, Johnny Depp, and others. This guitar is SN 0001 and built from reclaimed Katrina wood. Has hand tooled leather binding, shotgun shell knobs, and spent handgun cartridge inlaid at the 12th fret marker. Old steamer trunk keys operate the tuners. Came with the 'coffin case'. Actually a very nice player.

Well, here is my 'oddball' guitar. Kurt Schoen is a builder in my hometown of Walla Walla, Wa. He builds from 'odd' wood like old dynamite boxes...has built for Billy Gibbons, Johnny Depp, and others. This guitar is SN 0001 and built from reclaimed Katrina wood. Has hand tooled leather binding, shotgun shell knobs, and spent handgun cartridge inlaid at the 12th fret marker. Old steamer trunk keys operate the tuners. Came with the 'coffin case'. Actually a very nice player.

I know of Schoen guitars. This is a really cool and IMO important example. Very nice. :thmbsp:

Thanks, Mystic!! It is actually a fun little player...he has some interesting tone/vol circuitry built in..gets a lot out of that single TV Jones. Kurt is an interesting guy... as you probably know, he is a UPS pilot by day.

@ Retired_Col that Schoen guitar is freaking awesome!:thmbsp:
I love the “F” hole & the binding..Awe hell I love everything about that guitar!
Cheers
PQ

Even though it's a real late 1970 Les Paul Custom my favorite guitar is the one Hubert Sumlin gave me in 1987. It was in pieces when he gave it to me; missing the tailpiece, wrong tuners and neck in very bad condition. I had the neck redone, added the missing parts and have been using it as one of my two main stage guitars ever since. Hubert signed the guitar to me and it's the only one I know of in existence he did that on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPL9UCmOM8

2 I am enjoying at present
1979 Peavey T60 with '81 neck
image.jpeg
And my newest, a Gibson Barney Kessel copy. Norma out of Japan circa 1965 or 66
image.jpeg

Kind of a strange qualifier, but while it was produced by Gibson I really liked the zoot SG's, which were built with ply sheeting and clear humbucker plastic

big%20gibson%20sg%20zoot%20suitDSCN8700.jpg

I love all the classic great guitars.
Love my Teles,Strat & Les Paul.

But I have a confession to make I have a oddball Breedlove electric pro-totype that is just plain cool!

It is not like any other electric that I have played.
It has a gorgeous contoured Flame maple top attached to chambered mahogany body that is very light & resonate
Strings through the body like a Tele over a tune-amatic bridge and
2 Lollar P90’s . Very simple electronics Vol 3 way switch & tone.

Yep it's an odd ball guitar. I won’t run into any one at a jam playing one like mine...But I love it!

Anyone else here have a favorite 1 off or odd ball guitar that you think is cool or the bomb!

Please share!
I"ve shown you mine now lets see yours!
DUDE!

Kind of a strange qualifier, but while it was produced by Gibson I really liked the zoot SG's, which were built with ply sheeting and clear humbucker plastic

^ I really like the look of the pickups on that.

Prisma builds them from recycled skateboard decks.
Prisma-Skateboard-Guitar.jpg

Approximately when was Gibson issuing this model SG?

Back
Top Bottom