Arcam DIVA A65+ integrated amp arrived

telemike

Testing it out now. Powering my Polks. I don't like how the power is not remote controlled. Feels solid. Over the next week I'll shoot out with my Marantz and see who ends up in Barter Town

66fe330a0b72f0a7a668cea004debb87.jpg

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

First foray into British kit? Interested to hear how the shoot out goes. I'm a British hifi guy, pretty much always have been. Love the sound.

Nice amp! Congrats:thmbsp:

I had KEF C30's back in college. Some KEF C75's locally for sale. Treble seems a little soft, bass is deep and solid.

Very nice sweet sounding little amp ive had a couple of arcam amps in my system over the years. Still have my cd73t very reliable kit. Congrats.

It's too broad a questions to give a definitive answer as the "vintage receivers that everyone is gaga over" category includes a huge number that are very different in terms of sonic signature and overall quality.

Having had many vintage receivers and having sold Arcam in previous generations, I would bet that yours would be in the upper ranges of the group IF the criteria include being faithful to the original signal being passed on. A lot of vintage receivers have a nice sound but are very inaccurate. Some probably were not that neutral to begin with, others have deteriorated over time. Some can sound stunning. My Yamaha CR-2040 destroyed an Audiolab 8000A, another very good integrated amp I used to sell. Others are fun but very boosted in the bass and closed in sounding compared to your Arcam which will be more accurate, precise and open.

To be any more specific than that you would have to go up against individual models and compare IMO.

I had a feeling the Arcam was special when I put on some albums and CDs. Open, dynamic, smooth and detailed.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Update. Stupidity set in last summer and sold this. Just bought it back. Now using Klipsch KG 2.2 speakers

1469671076561509923614.jpg

Back
Top Bottom