What was the last movie you watched?

L. A. Confidential. Just hang on and enjoy the ride! Totally enjoyed it :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

James Cromwell, who began his career as Stretch Cunningham on ALL IN THE FAMILY, was perfect as Dudley Smith. Strange that none of Ellroy's other books in the series were not turned into movies.

Last edited:
In LA CONFIDENTIAL, the TV show DRAGNET was referred to sarcastically as BADGE OF HONOR. James Ellroy has an extreme dislike of Jack Webb because Webb used his show DRAGNET to white wash the corruption that was the LA police department at that time. In his newest book, PERFIDIA, Ellroy really drags Webb thru the coals.

"The Good Thief"

Nick Nolte as "Bob", an aging junkie gambler working the French Riviera, his sights set on one last score....

Woman in Gold, starring Ryan Reynolds and Helen Mirren. Based on a true story of a masterpiece painting stolen by the Nazis from a Jewish family in Vienna, and the struggle for its return decades later. The now elderly daughter of the family teams with a young, plucky lawyer, and they succeed against daunting odds, etc. etc.

This could have been a great story, but Helen Mirren acts like a ditzy grandma throughout, and the film should be on the Hallmark channel.

She does get the best line, about the art school's rejection of Hitler. "They should have accepted him".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dracula Blows His Cool... 1979 Italian/West German production.

Sleazy,but funny vampire flick... so bad it's good!

002_zpspo5kkydm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Man Who Never Was -1956

A true story about an attempt by the British to trick the Nazis using a dead body with fake invasion plans planted on it.

Nice Cinemascope production (in slightly faded Eastmancolor)

Playing on Netflix.

:thmbsp:

"Dances With Wolves"

9881c0827773329542e4bc0cf1151c6d.jpg

I wish I had seen this on the big screen when it first came out. I've probably viewed it 10 times since the release on VHS/DVD. Great movie.

One of the zaniest most bizarre movies I've seen in awhile!
Riders Of The Storm-1988-Dennis Hopper, Michael J. Pollard, Eugene Lupinski.
Never heard of it until just two weeks ago.

What a warped movie that was. Kinda like a film noir feel but up in the sky

Hmmm, now I am intrigued. Far cry from Easy Rider!

Never heard of it. Might have to watch it. Is it worth a look? Strange enough to be good or just strange?

Last edited:
@toups
Well I guess it's really a matter of taste. If you like weird, 'B' off-the-wall movies you may enjoy it. If you ever enjoyed 'Moving Violations' with John Murray, or "Strange Brew' McKenzie brothers you may find this movie to be your forte'.
If you find those aforementioned films to be an insult to your intelligence than Riders is probably going to be a big disappointment for you.

Riders is not a laugh a minute type movie, but IMO it's goofy, satirical material and entertaining enough to keep you interested for the duration of the film.

Afterwards you sorta ask yourself with a smile on your face while scratching your head 'What did I just watch?!' :scratch2:
But in a good way.....

Last edited:
Haywire (2011) - Intriguing spin on the usual Action Adventure film - (Netflix Bluray)
Steven Soderbergh directed, with an unconventional jazz soundtrack and a great cast -
(MMA champion) Gina Carano is the female lead, Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Ewan Mcgregor, Banderas and more ...

Back
Top Bottom