Blended Scotch

When I drank Scotch, once I tried Single Malt, I never looked back.

Among the Blends, "Passport" was my favorite. And since we didn't pay a Tariff on it in the US, it was inexpensive for such a good blend.

I'm cheap too. Love either Chivas or Famous Grouse. Usually have gin or vodka, but once in awhile enjoy a little scotch--but too little too infrequently to pay for more expensive stuff

Contrary to what some may think, whiskey does not continue to age once it`s removed from the wooden casks and put into glass bottles....
That "vintage" bottle you had just happened to be a better blend than the more recent stock....

Sorry but found this and they claim it does:
http://www.dramming.com/2010/03/21/does-whisky-age-in-a-bottle/

I have noticed that once a Whisky or Whiskey or pick your spelling seems to change somewhat depending on contact with air. It seems to be once the bottle seal is broken air gets in and some changes "seem" to occur and the taste, flavor, maybe even mellowness/bite is affected.

Then again maybe it is just me that wants to believe it happens and who really cares if you like it drink it and if you run out find more soon, LOL

A friend of mine seems to always agree there is a definite change and that he recognizes it every time during the period between the 3rd and 4th round!!

Oh and may I suggest Grant 12 y/o a blend from the folks who brought you Glenfiddich and Glenlivet. I have had a bottle of Grant 30y/o and although some $$$ was very nice but easier to find the 12 then the older sibling.

Hermit

Last edited:
Most of my scotch enjoyment has been single malts.

But this weekend I was able to sample some Suntory Hibiki 17 yr old blended whisky....wow! Incredible - but when I googled the price - yikes - not cheap.

Blended or not - it was that good.

Back
Top Bottom