What I learned on Craigslist

I learned to keep a list of phone numbers and names of the deadbeat tire kickers.

Newest lesson... no phone number or name in reply, but ask all kinds of questions waste of my time. The interested leave a number to call!

Barney

CL lessons

Newest lesson... no phone number or name in reply, but ask all kinds of questions waste of my time. The interested leave a number to call!

Barney

Wishful thinking!
In all my listings I say "No contact information (phone number) - no reply. Never!"

And still.....:no:

Wishful thinking!
In all my listings I say "No contact information (phone number) - no reply. Never!"

And still.....:no:

Guess I'll never know, I don't respond any more to any who fail to leave a number. Name would be nice but not needed. I will not play the messages game. Once a number is called and a message is left. I move on. I need the room more then the money. No room then I just don't buy,:D yea Right!

Now I'm a nice guy in will hold an item until the money can be put together. But a nonrefundable deposit is taken along with a time limit. Then stick to it.

A guy told me on the phone that calls were rude, rather do text so he can answer at his leisure. Now who is being rude?

Barney

What I learned ... I dunno, would it do any good to learn from this?

cheep sterio and stuff

"i have a cheep sterio 5 cd changer, am fm base booster super equilzer and reguler equlizer also has two cosset ports. and a nice base system only missing volume knob but the base to nob is still there just a push on knob would fix it. also have a tv and a cd player. the cd player is 50 tv is 25 and the sterio is 50 but could do 40"

http://missoula.craigslist.org/ele/4589275739.html

Not mine, no affiliation

I've always wanted to call up a guy like that and say "I know you could do 40 but how about I just give you the 50?" :D

After all, it's got cosset ports!

After all, it's got cosset ports!

And here I thought those only came on Buick Roadmasters ... :scratch2:

Today's lesson: Sometimes the listing person is, ah, right!

http://wichita.craigslist.org/ele/4596779575.html

Monster stereo

"I have a practically brand new stereo that sounds like your at a concert or a movie theater you can hook it up to pretty anything I'm asking 150 will show you it works upon request before buying"

With the right gear, yes you can :thmbsp:

I learned that 2 times in 2 weeks I was able to contact, get a response, set up a meeting, meet, and exchange a fair amount of money for equipment that actually is completely functional from a pretty nice normal person. If only my CL experience with room mates and apartments was ANYTHING like buying stereo equipment has been.

i have learned that MOST sellers have no idea what things are worth, especially electronics. and that many people do a quick google search usually leading them to ebay, they check the listed prices and decide that the highest number they see is the number they would like. they have no idea that there is a completed section where they can see what items are actually selling for.

for example, i had a man bring a baseball card into the pawn shop awhile ago, he wanted at least $300. because he saw one on ebay for $400. i checked ebay completed sales. the ones that actually sold were bringing around $5.

i have learned that MOST sellers have no idea what things are worth, especially electronics. and that many people do a quick google search usually leading them to ebay, they check the listed prices and decide that the highest number they see is the number they would like. they have no idea that there is a completed section where they can see what items are actually selling for.

I agree. I find so many of those damn huge, old console stereos (Zenith, etc) that people are asking $100-200 for. You have to be kidding. And a lot of them say "firm" on the price. The fact that you want rid of the thing ought to be some indication of its value, but no, that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom