Garrard 93B?

Reptiled

Vinyl Junkie
I am thinking about picking this up. I am going to meet the seller a little later. I've looked everywhere for a 93B but can not find any info. I'm thinking that this is a 95B. Anyone heard of the 93? Looks to be a pretty good deal, any thoughts? I know it will need to be cleaned but at the price with a cartridge I think it is pretty low risk. I'm just looking for some opinions.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/4589035613.html

Thanks,
Dan

This is an SL-95B. Nicer plinth fitted. Looks like a Shure M 91ED mounted. In good order nice, but expect some cleaning, some lubrication and love in return for fine musical sounds.

My first turntable was the SL95B. Purchased it just prior to leaving Vietnam in late '69 or early '70. It came with the solid walnut plinth and I really liked the looks of t. It was fine at first, but then started to act up a bit. Mainly the auto switch. It would not work at times. Keep in mind, this was when it was fairly new, so this one may need some servicing as Kent mentioned.

This would have come with the longer spindle that was used to stack LPs.

If you want, you can download the user manual at Vinylengine. It's free.All you have to do is register.

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/garrard/sl-95b.shtml

For nostalgic sake, I'd love to have one again.

I'd love to have one of those plinths. I've seen other tables in them, maybe Empire and/or Dual, and thought they looked good there too.

Love the plinth. By reputation, it's a solid idler wheel turntable. Not top of the line, by any means, but a decent performer. Garrard did make some duds and some studs. This one is somewhere in between. Buy it for the plinth. Have it serviced and impress friends if nothing else.

I believe that the Syncro-lab 95B was Garrard's top of the line at that time. Quite a good turntable.

Garrard then ventured into Zero-100 territory, with it's parallel arm. Automatic turntables such as the Garrard 95B will never be seen again.

I'd say grab it while you can.

Back
Top Bottom