Passed on some Chrysler CE-2 Speakers today

RuffzGuts

Was down my local junk shop today and come across a few pairs of odd speakers......There was a pair of old JVC that appeared to have had the woofers replaced...A small unknown pair with nice veneer and heavy for there size....and then there was a pair of Chrysler CE-2...very nice condition, but wasn't really into the styling of the cabinets...they were heavy and I wanted them...but didn't want to spend the 30 asking price....Hmmm:scratch2:
So any way, I purchased the unknown little pair suspecting some nice full range drivers inside...got them home and turned out to be Peak 8CX-50 drivers inside...so I was happy with that for 15 bucks....but thinking I should have grabbed those Chrysler's as well.....Looks like they have some nice alnico bits inside....
Just wandering what the verdict is on these?....sort after?....value?
who knows they may still be there tomorrow....

Not on my radar, but they look like they have a following.

There are several threads here on Crysler Electric speakers.

FWIW, you will get better search results if you leave the "H" out of Crysler Electric.

Yeah, well I wasn't looking too scrap them or anything...just thought I wouldn't mind having a listen to them out of interest......think I am getting a bit passed dragging random things home just for a listen though....I'de have probably of moved them on...from what I can find on the web they do look well put together for a Japanese speaker of that era....shame about the cabinet being so ugly

Back
Top Bottom