CC-75 cd changer repair

laerm

Hi all –

I have a CC-75 system I bought back in, er, 1995? First nice audio system I ever had, bought with my savings from a high school summer job. I've always been real happy with that purchase. It's never not been in use, though it's coming off a several-year run as just preamp and speakers for my office computer audio system. I've got a new place I want to use it, and use the whole setup. It looks so sharp all together. ;)

Well, the tape deck and CD changer haven't been in use in a long while and it appears like the CD changer is a bit iffy... The tray doesn't come in and out anymore, though I can hear the motor chugging away. I popped the top off and it looks like the rubber band is just really loose. Anybody know where I could buy a replacement for that, and anybody have any tips on fixing it? (Never done this kind of repair before but it seems real easy.)

Thanks –
Micah

Yamaha CD changer repair

It should be easy. I don't know that unit, but do an on line search and you should be able to find a seller. I got one for a CDC 635 from a best buy on-line site, but there are also others that sell these belts.

njnpmcc: It does seem quite easy. I did do a search and found a few, but $20+... I'm going to see if I can find a decent ordinary rubber band in the meantime. ;)

It is skipping a lot, though, as I found later, so I hope the system that moves the laser isn't iffy. That could be a bigger deal.

dr*audio: I will try the site(s) you recommend. Thanks!

Micah

Back
Top Bottom