SMAC September 2014

jmathers

I am pleased to announce that the September SMAC meeting will be held at Steve's place in Romeo on Saturday, September 27th from 1pm until ?

There's a distinct possibility that OddWatt Audio will be conducting a demo of their amps, preamp and phonostage at this event. OddWatt are based in Detroit.

Here's their website: http://www.oddwattaudio.com/owabout.html

And Fremer's mention of them:

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/vc-audio-labs-mb-45-kt120-monoblock-power-amplifier-kit

I will update this announcement with more details, if so.

In any event, we will need fairly efficient SPEAKERS (especially) for Steve's second system and possibly amp, preamp, source, etc. So if anyone has something they'd like to bring, please let me or Steve know ASAP. Especially SPEAKERS.

:banana::banana::banana:

Looking like OddWatt will make it out. They have a pair of the MB-45 amps, similar I'm assuming to the ones Fremer reviewed with KT-120 output tubes, a preamp, and a couple of phonostages.

So we will definitely need a set of speakers. Anyone?

I have a set of Polk 7As I could bring if I could lift them - still struggling with a bum shoulder.

I'm not sure whether Steve has a second turntable. Anyone got one they could bring?

Again, I have a Thorens TD160 but can't lift it.

Looking like OddWatt will make it out. They have a pair of the MB-45 amps, similar I'm assuming to the ones Fremer reviewed with KT-120 output tubes, a preamp, and a couple of phonostages.

I have a set of Polk 7As I could bring if I could lift them - still struggling with a bum shoulder.

I'm not sure whether Steve has a second turntable. Anyone got one they could bring?

Again, I have a Thorens TD160 but can't lift it.

Good Morning SMAC, I plan on bringing out a pair of bookshelves I've been working on. (I could use some 17" sturdy stands) I believe Dave Miller from DNM Company, was bringing a pair of larger speakers as well. I'll verify with Dave today.

Looks like we'll have plenty of equipment for a second system.

We have thus far:

2 pairs of DIY speakers (Dave and George)

1 pair of Triangle Titus 202 with stands (Dave)

Possibly a pair of Reference 3A Master Control speakers with stands

Zentara cables

Possibly an Oracle turntable with RB600 arm

Pro-Ject turntable with Ortofon 2M Red

OddWatt are bringing:

Pair of MB-45 monoblocks

Pair of Oddblock series 2 amps

Forewatt preamp

Phono preamp prototype

Thank you everyone who volunteered to bring equipment to make the OddWatt demo a success.

See you Saturday. It should be great.:banana::banana:

Don't forget

Hope you all can make it out to THIS Saturday's event. Oddwatt Audio will be there with amps, a preamp and a prototype phono stage. It should be a great time. See you there.

Thank you, again, to all the folks who have contributed equipment and expertise to this event.

Many thanks to Steve for hosting and to Rodney from OddWatt Audio for a terrific meet and demo of some very nice sounding tube gear and a particularly nice phono stage. Thanks too to all the folks that brought equipment to complete the second system - not too shabby, eh, to have an Oracle table and three or four sets of speakers in a second system?

Thanks everyone. Good gig indeed.

Back
Top Bottom