Latest reasonable priced SX-1250 large filter caps

RS Steve

Tube Junkie
Subscriber
Has anyone checked lately to see who has the correct filter caps for the SX-1250 at a reasonable cost? Just checking to make sure of what's available lately, I just had another 1250 come my way with vented main caps.

Or these: My favorites.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-ADCOM-...213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c97162635

I use these as well. The price is for two caps. Contact the seller and ask for a discount. He will cut it down and end up giving you free shipping and then some. You will work out the payment through a Paypal invoice. Good people. No affiliation! They come in two styles: Both are blue on the main body but the differences are; one has a black top and the other has white. I like the look of the black tops on the completed set, and request that style caps.

Note: Both suggestions are bolt in OEM size installations. You will need to open up the ring terminals and grounding buss bars slightly on the set to accept the larger screws that come on the new caps. Easy work with a Dremel.

Last edited:
Ok great, those were the options I had when I recapped my other SX-1250, thanks! :thmbsp:

Ok, ordered the new filter caps, this ole girl had really dumped her load.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom