Really? NOS?
Yep!

attachment.php

More pics soon...

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,200
Noooooo flippingggg waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! That is so sweet! I am speechless. Some guys have all the luck. :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Ok, here's one more pic for now. They came with a pair of freshly refoamed NOS HPM-150 woofers just in case the ones in the boxes were rotted.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,203
Those woofers are $300/ea from Pioneer. Nice grab. Got some nice Pioneer amps to run those with? :D

For anyone who has wonderd what the original packing for a pair of HPM-150s looks like, here you go:

More to come...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,152
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,150
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,149
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,141
There's a set of those tweeters on eBay right now too. Wouldn't hurt to have those in reserve too.:yes:

Pretty amazing what some people stash away for 30+ years! Congratulations!

I have a pair of NOS woofers, still sealed up in the original plastic bags and boxes until I opened and looked about a year ago, the foam surrounds rotted anyway, so be careful with those originals.

Seeing the boxes reminds me of what happened to my original boxes and styro packing. I had them stored in an outside storage building. Termites found them ate the cardboard and tunneled through the styrofoam parts. :tears:

Pretty amazing what some people stash away for 30+ years! Congratulations!

I have a pair of NOS woofers, still sealed up in the original plastic bags and boxes until I opened and looked about a year ago, the foam surrounds rotted anyway, so be careful with those originals.

Seeing the boxes reminds me of what happened to my original boxes and styro packing. I had them stored in an outside storage building. Termites found them ate the cardboard and tunneled through the styrofoam parts. :tears:

Yes, apparently the NOS woofers had rotted surrounds so they were refoamed professionally by someone who has had 25 years experience doing speaker repairs (Jim Fabian at Fab Audio). So far, the originals in the cabs look ok but I will be keeping a close eye on them. If they do go, I'll put in the refoamed replacements and get the originals refoamed as well. I'm sure someone would want to buy them...

Shame about your boxes and packing!

There must be some kind of tale behind these speakers. Mind sharing?

Meanwhile, congrats on your score.

Last edited:
Here they are...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 819
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 835
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 824
There must be some kind of tale behind these speakers. Mind sharing?

Meanwhile, congrats on your score.

The text from the ad pretty much tells the story:

"It is for a pair of Pioneer HPM 150 speakers, they are new in a box and from the Oshawa Stereo Sound warehouse, The owner has after over 40 years in Stereo sales, and his vast inventory has turned it over to his daughter and myself to sell for for him. He has thousands of stereo units and parts new in factory sealed boxes, we have been selling mostly on E-Bay but this HPM150's are really too expensive to ship unless your local. So we decided to try selling them on Canuck Audio. Yes these are brand new , never been used , because of the age we are quite aware that the main 15 woofer surrounds may need refoaming so we are adding a new pair of HPM 150 woofers that has been re-foamed and tested by Fab Audio of Toronto. So your getting an extra pair of woofers if you need to switched them out."

Thanks for sharing.

Don't suppose they've got an unopened SX-1980 laying about as well, do they? :D

Back
Top Bottom